Corsair Community

Any successor to the Mini Commander?

warboss choppa

It seems many retailers have been out of stock or label it as discontinued and there really isn't anything similar Corsair sells that I can find that does what it does. Is there any evidence that they are working on a successor or a re-release of it? I've spent the last hour looking for one that isn't $90+USD or in stock at all.

Having had a good search around. It does seem the Commander is a bit thin on the ground. and given its now been in the market place a few years.....

Do i count my self as

1. Unlucky at having just bought a discontinued Item.

2. Lucky that i managed to get one?

Can of worms you have opened lol

I mean.. is there a new one due? do i need one?. will it work along side the old one. will it also replace LNP.. SO many questions lol....

Dang, I guess I'll have to keep looking when I get a chance every day. I really want to control each fan directly and I can't find any other product that does that. I have 6 now, and inside a carbide case so any drive bay controllers are not going to look right or have enough control.

imop,if the software cant be made workable after years of trying then its time to throw in the towel.

i have well over 20k in my builds and using corsair cooling i was honestly afraid to leave my computers un-attended,corsair has some great products but cooling is not one of them unfortunately.

i had alot of money spent on their cooling and it wasn't an easy decision to jump ship but now my cooling matches the quality of the other components.

in my business if we cant satisfy the customer,we FIND someone who can.

I'm one of the hold outs with the original Link Commander unit and finally gave in to purchase the Mini, all to find exactly what you all are finding, the Mini is not to be found stocked anywhere.

Fast forward a few messages with Corsair support and I find out:

"We're planing to release a new Commander mini Pro recently. The old Commander mini has been discontinued due to this reason. My apologies for the inconvenience I do not know other detail or promise ETA for this unit unfortunately."

So hold off until that unit is released as it's possible the Mini may fall to the wayside in terms of support.. Take it from me, being an early adopter I got left in the RGB dust with the last officially supported version of 3.2.5742 (was 2.7.5361)..

Take it from me, being an early adopter I got left in the RGB dust with the last officially supported version of 2.7.5361..

What is the URL of this incorrect post please?

10/08/2015 - Corsair Link Software Update Version 3.2.5742

Change Log:

• Fixes a .NET error with specific languages
  • Supports the original Commander unit
  • Multiple Commander MINI device support fixed

You're correct, I'm actually running 3.2.5742 right now, I was looking at the wrong version, was looking at:

8/12/2015 - Corsair Link Software Update Version 3.2.5695

Change Log:

- Address issue when custom curve is selected for a fan device the fan RPM would be set to 100% when the program was maximized onscreen.

- H110i GT firmware v1.1.8 is now included with the installer package.

- RMi series now supported when connecting through a Commander Mini

- Fan profile graphs have been updated.

- Default custom curve values of H80i GT, H100i GTX, and H110i GTX have been updated.

- Fixed various typos

- Fully compatible with Windows 10 final build

Known Issue:

- There is a driver conflict between the new H80i GT/H100i GTX and the original Commander unit. The new software installs a new driver that is required for support of these units that interrupts the recognition of the Commander unit.

- If you currently have an original Commander unit do not install this version of the software. The Commander unit will no longer be recognized by the system! See below for instructions on how to manually fix this in certain circumstances. The latest version to support the Commander unit is Link v2.7.5361.

And that's all you take out of that post? I've seen you around here fixing problem after problem and it doesn't concern you in the least that yet another unit has been discontinued and yet another will be released to "alleviate" the problems of the previous gen. The fact still stands that the unit has not been supported for a long period of time.. October 2015..

The fact still stands that the unit has not been supported for a long period of time

By Corsair yes, but my SIV utility still supports it.

I pondered dropping support, but as it only takes about 30 lines of code I didn't.

• I heard a rumour the CLCP will be released on 23-May-2017

By Corsair yes, but my SIV utility still supports it.

I pondered dropping support, but as it only takes about 30 lines of code I didn't.

Fair enough, you have software to support it but my problem is with Corsair, if it took you 30 lines, it essentially means previous customers are not even worth 30 lines of code to support products they made. I know this has already been beaten to death and it's unlikely Corsair will support it.

That's not the point of this.

The point is another device is being discontinued so another can be released, all I'm saying is be wary. I didn't find anything in a quick search about the Mini Pro so I'm just posting here so people don't go out searching for a Mini when I saw them selling for $100+.

Edit: I just saw you appended your post, CLCP? Corsair Link Commander Pro? Lol that would be great if I'm bitching about this today and it comes out tomorrow.

but my problem is with Corsair.

Same here, but there is a new Corsair Link manager and things have changed.

if it took you 30 lines, it essentially means previous customers are not even worth 30 lines of code to support products they made.

Just because it took me 30 lines of code this does now mean Corsair would use the same number. I really comes down to how the code was designed.

I am still surprised that CL4 uses 40 times as much CPU time as SIV uses and reports less information, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=902297.

Ah yes, glad you're at least thorough with this stuff, I think I'll just have to finally switch over to SIV because it seems CL3 just drops my Commander every month or so and I have to redo the USB Input driver update.

Thanks for your other post, has the info to clear up some stuff about the unit to come.

I think I'll just have to finally switch over to SIV.

There is a User Guide to get you started and if you get stuck ask via http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140665. It will be easier to help it you post screen shots.

One comment I received is "very useful though the great functionality makes for a steep learning curve!".

I have just membered that CL3 fails to use the lock to interlock access to the CL hardware, so you MUST not run SIV + CL3 at the same time. It's OK to run SIV + CL 4.2.4.25 and later at the same time provided you don't run SIV in control mode (-AIOCTL).

Ah yes, glad you're at least thorough with this stuff, I think I'll just have to finally switch over to SIV because it seems CL3 just drops my Commander every month or so and I have to redo the USB Input driver update.

Thanks for your other post, has the info to clear up some stuff about the unit to come.

DO IT. DELETE Corsair LINK and then hunt down whatever mess it leaves behind. Get rid of it. Every release has been full of bugs and every time they release an update, Red Ray runs it through it's paces and posts a LONG list of problems. He even tells them how to fix it sometimes and they STILL ignore him.

I gave up on LINK and got SIV running (with Ray's help). He even added some features that I asked for, and the additions were done the SAME DAY. I still follow this forum, except now when a new version of LINK comes out, instead of installing it and then spending hours trying to get it to work, and then posting all the problems I am having, I just sit back, watch SIV control my fans and LEDs perfectly, and read the storm of problem posts. Corsair rarely, if ever, responds.

They do seem to at least read these threads as they seem to have a habit of selectively deleting posts they don't like. But help a customer suffering through their latest, buggy, obviously untested software and firmware releases - never seems to happen, other than to suggest an RMA even when it's obvious that the problem is not hardware related. It's really sad.

Ditch LINK. Learn SIV. Enjoy your system instead of fighting with problems that you will never be able to solve.

You can always use for example Revo Uninstaller (free version), and uninstal CL, clean up files and registry entries. I'm not sure if RU can remove drivers for all Corsair stuff, but IMHO they using windows built in Usb HID drivers.

Here is a link to a Guru 3D review of the CLCP with a pretty good picture of the circuit board which may be interesting to some. In the review they are using both HD and SP series fans. They complain about the CLCP needing another RGB channel because the HD and SP fans are not compatible. The SP series fans they used came with the Crystal 570x case. There is no mention of these fans not working properly. I need to read this review a few more times but aside from having to do a firmware update and a reboot, they had no trouble with the CLCP or Link.

attachment.php?attachmentid=29610&stc=1&d=1495808862

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/corsair-commander-pro-review,4.html

1884609207_CLCPCircuitBoard.png.2f30b5cb7dc51dd62209b02891025177.png

Archived