The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cases

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2019, 08:01 PM

POST ID # = 1013415
dcx4610 Reputation: 10
Default Where are the full towers?

I get that most people like mid-tower but I'm still a full tower guy. I like having a big tower under my desk with lots of airflow and sitting like a piece of furniture.

Corsair puts out tons of mid-towers but we haven't had any full towers in years.

I just saw the new iCUE 220T RGB Airflow and this begs for a full tower version. Is there any thing in the works for us full tower people?

Thanks.

Old 08-01-2019, 11:31 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1013424
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Does the Obsidian 1000D qualify as a full tower? Or were you looking for something a little bigger? :P

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 08-08-2019, 12:24 AM
A Computer Guy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1014051
A Computer Guy Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcx4610 View Post
I get that most people like mid-tower but I'm still a full tower guy. I like having a big tower under my desk with lots of airflow and sitting like a piece of furniture.

Corsair puts out tons of mid-towers but we haven't had any full towers in years.

I just saw the new iCUE 220T RGB Airflow and this begs for a full tower version. Is there any thing in the works for us full tower people?

Thanks.
Obsidian 1000D is a beast but not skinny enough to put next to my desk!

I thought it would be nice if Corsair made something in the size of an Antec 1200 but with decent cable management, PSU compartment, modular bay drive cages (perhaps less bulky) with front fans, and top mounted 200mm LL series RGB fan would be nice too!

I modded the little brother of that (the Antec 900) with LL 120mm RGB, custom dust filters, and cut out the rear 120mm fan grill so I could pass a H100i into the case and top mount the AIO without sacrificing the 200mm fan which unfortunately has no LL RGB fan replacement possibility. Also from that 1200 and 900 case designs I tend to use that small tray they built into the top of case as it's handy to put small stuff like usb sticks, pens, keys, and wallet. (since the case is so tall) Case designs today don't seem to have that quite useful feature.

So far the 680X and 220T have sort of made it to the top of my list for consideration but I'm not quite ready to jump ship yet until something comes along with a top tray and 200mm RGB.

Old 08-08-2019, 01:50 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1014060
Zotty Reputation: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcx4610 View Post
I like having a big tower under my desk with lots of airflow and sitting like a piece of furniture.
as said.. 1000d would fiit your request...

my build/faq thread on it

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=180073

and my RGB Faq

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880