The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-05-2019, 03:01 PM
Lymen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010383
Lymen Reputation: 10
Default 5 out 6 LL fan lights going crazy after 3.17.94 update

After updating to 3.17.94 today (July 5th, 2019) 5 out 6 LL fans are going crazy: 5 out of 6. You can see the fan in the lower right is normal.

When it's set to Temperature via Lighting Link it looks like this: Temperature. They all should be the same color.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

Last edited by Lymen; 07-05-2019 at 03:04 PM.
Old 07-05-2019, 03:49 PM
Banned
Waukeen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010385
Waukeen Reputation: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lymen View Post
After updating to 3.17.94 today (July 5th, 2019) 5 out 6 LL fans are going crazy: 5 out of 6. You can see the fan in the lower right is normal.

When it's set to Temperature via Lighting Link it looks like this: Temperature. They all should be the same color.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?
Should have an epilepsy warning on those :P But uninstall using preferred 3rd party method, make sure any Corsair folders in programs are blown away, as well as anything Corsair related in %appdata% then reinstall. And I would not try to save fan curves or profiles. Just start fresh on those. If this doesn't work you can always contact support (YMMV, expect a wait).
Old 07-05-2019, 06:45 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010398
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Looks like a loose connection, to be honest. Either on fan 1 or fan 2. It is odd that it happens right after an update but that's what it looks like. Try swapping fan 1 with the last fan on the hub ... if that doesn't work, try swapping fan 2.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 07-06-2019, 05:50 AM
Gullible's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010433
Gullible Reputation: 10

I'm having exactly the same issue with 6x ll120, only have noticed it after updating software recently. I have attempted to uninstall/reinstall icue with no success. Changing fan '1' to the last in the sequence fixed the issue for about 10 seconds, then immediately the issue resumed.
Old 07-06-2019, 08:20 AM
Sacco Belmonte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010448
Sacco Belmonte Reputation: 10

Contacts don't necessarily need to be loose to fail. I always have a can of non conductive contact cleaner for all my guitar gear which also has done wonders in my computer.

All you need to do is to spray a bit of it on the suspicious ports then plug them in/out a couple times. Hopefully that was the problem and there will be a solid contact.
Old 07-06-2019, 11:18 AM
Lymen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010465

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waukeen View Post
Should have an epilepsy warning on those :P But uninstall using preferred 3rd party method, make sure any Corsair folders in programs are blown away, as well as anything Corsair related in %appdata% then reinstall. And I would not try to save fan curves or profiles. Just start fresh on those. If this doesn't work you can always contact support (YMMV, expect a wait).
I tried the steps and the same thing is still happening. I guess I will open a ticket.
Old 07-06-2019, 11:35 AM
Lymen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010468

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Looks like a loose connection, to be honest. Either on fan 1 or fan 2. It is odd that it happens right after an update but that's what it looks like. Try swapping fan 1 with the last fan on the hub ... if that doesn't work, try swapping fan 2.
I will give this a try later on. I submitted a ticket too. It's just that it was normal until the last update

Tags
3.17.94, crazy, disco, ll120 rgb