Corsair Community

HELP cant get these to work on my motherboard!

richy_

mixing even the same model from 2 kits is not supported.

its hit or miss.

that being said..

in one of my boxes i have 2 XMS and 2 Dominator sticks i tried a billion combinations to finally get them to work together, different slots/combinations, different BIOSs, dual/single channel, manual timings, voltages etc.. i did this over the course of 2 years, no not every day but at least a try every other month.

i got REALLY lucky in the end, YMMV.

good luck!

I'd start with the 8G stick first

Thanks for the reply Synthohol, both sticks are 4gb, the lower one with the heat sinks is new and the stickerd one came with the computer, my mother board has 2 slots for memory and when i add the new memory the computer will not boot up, even if i remove the original memory leaving only the new one in still no boot up :(

I bought the new memory from a seller who split a 8gb package 2x4gb he kept one i got the other.

Do both memory sticks have to be kept together? i have been told they can be split and used in different machines (have i had my leg pulled?)

Here is a picture of the box and memory stick

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a15/RGCTDI/DSC_0067.jpg

and a picture of my mother board

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a15/RGCTDI/DSC_0066.jpg

honestly, memory sold as a multi-stick kit has been tested together and certified that way, you can split them between 2 computers as long as there is no other ram installed to probably conflict.

try this, use the XMS closest to the cpu by itself, and reset your bios to defaults, see if it finds it and lets you boot, then reboot to the bios and make sure the voltage is whats on the stick, then maybe if you are successful you can try the other stick.

good luck!

Archived