The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Solid State Drives (SSD) > SSD Firmware Update

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 10:48 AM
jsm11482's PC Specs

POST ID # = 642696
jsm11482 Reputation: 10
Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conners View Post
Change to the standard AHCI driver and it will work!
What a ridiculous suggestion. The updater from a company of this caliber should work regardless of what driver we're using. If it's really that difficult, then they should offer an updater that runs on boot instead of in Windows.

Do I really want to start my PC without FOUR of my other hard drives attached? Do you think Windows will enjoy the fact that my users folder, SQL Server DBs, pagefile, etc. are now completely missing?

And the fact that you have to dig through a forum to find the updated FW and update tool is so strange for a large, reputable company like this. Why wouldn't they list the drivers/FW/tools on their site in a clear, concise manner? I've never seen any other company post their driver/FW/tool updates only in a forum!

Old 03-25-2013, 11:55 AM
Conners's PC Specs

POST ID # = 642717
Conners Reputation: 25

jsm I wasn't replying to you but to another person. You have a right to your opinion of my suggestion.

I do agree with your FW updater comment. For me that's what I had to do to get the updater to recognize my SSD. I had the Intel iRTS one installed and it wouldn't see it. Why? IDK I suppose they need to update the updater. LOL

Old 03-25-2013, 11:57 AM
jsm11482's PC Specs

POST ID # = 642718
jsm11482 Reputation: 10

Quote:
jsm I wasn't replying to you but to another person. You have a right to your opinion of my suggestion.

I do agree with your FW updater comment. For me that's what I had to do to get the updater to recognize my SSD. I had the Intel iRTS one installed and it wouldn't see it. Why? IDK I suppose they need to update the updater. LOL
Yep - sorry I'm a bit frustrated but all of this. Your suggestion is good for those with simple non-RAID setups.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:25 AM
Gma9169's PC Specs

POST ID # = 643080
Gma9169 Reputation: 10

How do I change to the standard AHCI driver? I unsinstalled the Intel one and rebooted for it to install it again?

Old 03-27-2013, 10:46 AM
Conners's PC Specs

POST ID # = 643092

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma9169 View Post
How do I change to the standard AHCI driver? I unsinstalled the Intel one and rebooted for it to install it again?
Go to device manager then under IDE ATA/ATAPI controller and right click on the Intel driver and choose Update driver software. Click browse my computer then let me pick from a list of drivers and select Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller.

Hope that helps...

Old 03-29-2013, 12:53 PM
Gma9169's PC Specs

POST ID # = 643672

Hi Conners,

I did that and I now have the Standard AHCI driver but I still can't see the corsair Force 3 SSD. Got to be honest this is a bit of a joke now. Still been trying for a couple of years to get this done. Right what next in the endless list of getting the firmware on this damn thing updated? Never have I known a fiasco like this.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:03 PM
Conners's PC Specs

POST ID # = 643719

Quote:
Hi Conners,

I did that and I now have the Standard AHCI driver but I still can't see the corsair Force 3 SSD. Got to be honest this is a bit of a joke now. Still been trying for a couple of years to get this done. Right what next in the endless list of getting the firmware on this damn thing updated? Never have I known a fiasco like this.
Sorry man that's all I've got. I know wot you mean I can only use the standard AHCI driver or the old iRST on that came with my MB. Any other AHCI driver won't work as in recognize the SSD. Is the Intels, Microsofts, or Corsairs fault? IDK but I agree they should work no matter what.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:06 PM
Banned

POST ID # = 643720
Yellowbeard Reputation: 46

Our policy is, and always has been if you need a firmware update and you cannot do it, then you should RMA the drive. We'll update it for you.

Old 03-29-2013, 06:08 PM
Gma9169's PC Specs

POST ID # = 643741

Hi Yellowberad I will do that. But before I do do you have any final suggestions?

Old 03-29-2013, 09:09 PM
Conners's PC Specs

POST ID # = 643767

I would secure erase the drive if you can. I do appreciate Corsair providing this service for customers, but should it really have to come down to this just to update your SSD firmware?

Old 03-30-2013, 10:35 AM
Gma9169's PC Specs

POST ID # = 643840

Conners I quite agree but what else can I do but send it back. It has firmware 1.2 on it and BSOD twice a week before getting fed up and just bought a more reputable SanDisk instead. I have never in my life had an issue so fundamental as updating firmware. Sadly I doubt that I will buy Corsair again after this experience. Why not just invest in an update tool that works and helps the user and not making it a nightmare!

Old 04-03-2013, 09:52 PM
Conners's PC Specs

POST ID # = 644719

Quote:
Conners I quite agree but what else can I do but send it back. It has firmware 1.2 on it and BSOD twice a week before getting fed up and just bought a more reputable SanDisk instead. I have never in my life had an issue so fundamental as updating firmware. Sadly I doubt that I will buy Corsair again after this experience. Why not just invest in an update tool that works and helps the user and not making it a nightmare!
I really like Corsair products and try to consider them in all my builds. From cooling to memory to SSD's.

I agree 100 percent that their is no way updating your SSD should involve your 1st born son. LOL... I know all of the involved peeps will try to blame the others for their failures. But hey lets hold the sellers of said products to their claims!

Old 04-03-2013, 10:32 PM
Banned

POST ID # = 644723
Yellowbeard Reputation: 46

Quote:
I know all of the involved peeps will try to blame the others for their failures. But hey lets hold the sellers of said products to their claims!
Which claims are you referring to? The claims we have made since day 1 in the SSD business for us?
Quote:
If you have a problem, we'll replace it. If you can't flash it, we'll flash it for you or replace it.
Is that what you are referring to?

Old 04-05-2013, 02:44 PM
Conners's PC Specs

POST ID # = 645069

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
Which claims are you referring to? The claims we have made since day 1 in the SSD business for us? Is that what you are referring to?
Actually, I am sorry about that it was meant to be sarcastic. As in I messed up my fill in blank now Corsair fix it... LOL

Old 04-13-2013, 03:42 AM
cortexia's PC Specs

POST ID # = 646667
cortexia Reputation: 10

I am having the same issue with drive not being recognised. This seems to be related specifically to firmware 5.03. I have never had a problem before with previous releases. I believe this may be a Sandforce issue, as my Kingston SSDNow Field Updater doesn't detect my drive either... before (v5.02 and prior), both tools would display ANY and ALL Sandforce chip SSD's connected to my PC. Now NEITHER of them work, and the settings on my PC have always been the same (ie. no changes at all).