The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-14-2012, 09:31 PM
Manannin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 584668
Manannin Reputation: 10

Thanks Marz, I had just ten minutes ago ordered the exact same fan (even down to black, no LED)! I have the 600T SE White though so I do not have the mounts. Also means I will have to either remove the front panel to get at the screws or get the dremel out.
Those Spectre Pros have crazy figures, does it really shift that much air compared to the stock fan? I am hoping to create positive pressure with it to keep the dust at a minimum.
Marz, do you have the Spectre Pro controlled by Link? Full control over speeds etc?

Just as another update, I have found 2 of my 4 Silent Eagles were actually the 2000 rpm ones, so I swapped the 1000 rpm exhaust fan out for a 2000 and installed the second 2000 rpm SE in the drive bay cage (after moving my optical drive up). They are both being controlled well by Link (via the 600T rotary dial) so are just as quiet but have the extra power there if I need it.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:32 AM
Marz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 584710
Marz Reputation: 10

They do move more air than the standard fan, but if you wanted positive pressure I'd probably be looking at 2 x 120mm or 2x 140mm fans or put the perforated side panel on with four fans. I don't have a Link yet. Been waiting on my supplier here in AU to get them in. I probably would have waited even if I could get one earlier, seems there are a few bugs still to be sorted.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:47 AM
Manannin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 584714
Manannin Reputation: 10

I am hoping with the Silent Eagle 2000 intake in the drive bay area coupled with the Spectre Pro will be enough to create positive pressure, I guess I will find out as i have already ordered it! The other Silent Eagle on the back of the case negates the front one, so it is the Spectre Pro vs 2 x 120 Gentle Typhoons on the H100. Normally they would outdo the Spectre, but as they are outside of the case, pulling through the grill and H100 radiator, it should even out. The GTs are very rarely on full either. They only spin up (via a custom fan curve) when the CPU is under heavy load, which I have only experienced under stress testing.

I understand your issue with buying the Link, I only got mine as I work in the US for a lot of the year but live in the UK. Luckily I had enough weight allowance in my luggage to bring it back with me. Less shipping and customs didn't notice so no import tax ;)
Yes it is true, there are a few bugs, but hopefully the oft mentioned update is here soon and will solve a lot of them. Also with the new power supplies, maybe Link 2 will arrive instead.