Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2019, 08:28 AM
ggiatrakos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1003198
ggiatrakos Reputation: 10
Default Η100v2 AIO Cooler - Not efficient cooling

Hi all,

I am having problems with my H100v2 since the day I bought it, hope someone here has the experience to help me out.

My system is a brand new Intel i9 9900K CPU on a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master motherboard. Whenever CPU is stressed, temperatures jump to 80-90-100 degrees immediately, just after milliseconds the load starts. I don't know if this is normal to happen or if should the temperature should ramp slowly. It feels as if no cooling is installed at all.

The strangest thing is that CPU temperature rise does not affect the coolant temperature in a logical manner. Even after many minutes of running at high 80s / 90s, coolant temperatures raise very slowly, and never surpass 33-34 deg C. This is as if the heat is not correctly transferred to the cooler. I even tried lowering the pump speed and fan speed to the absolute minimum, hoping for coolant temps to rise, but no change at all. I keep getting a deltaT between CPU package and Cooler's liquid of 50 deg C! Please check the attached video.

I removed the cooler's head from the socket slot several times to see if the cooling plate touched the CPU correctly and seems everythings fine, even the paste pattern seems to perfectly match the CPU aluminum cover.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2019-04-30_21-26-44.zip (2.84 MB, 20 views)