Corsair Community

Tx650w - fire, knackered computer and electric shock

BLJ

Hello, I’ve had quite a serious fault with my Tx650w.

My computer has worked perfectly fine since I have owned it but this morning it cut out unexpectedly.

I went to see what was wrong with it but when I touched the side panel I revived an electric shock and stumbled backwards.

I saw a small wisp of smoke coming out of the computer so plugged it out at the mains.

I have had a look inside the computer and one of the Tx650w. Cables has melted.

I have tried installing a different power supply, but the computer does not boot up and no lights go on.

I have to say I am very upset about this, I have been a loyal customer of yours for many years and have your power supplies and memory in my both of my computers.

I have just opened a ticket with the above complaint but I could not see any indication of lot number on the PSU.

Could somebody please let me know where it is?

Ben

• Corsair Employee
I am very sorry to hear that. Rest assured that we will do our best to get this matter resolved. We will send you a damage claim form for you to fill out so we can document the whole incident. It will be sent directly to your email and we can take it from there. Thanks.

I am very sorry to hear that. Rest assured that we will do our best to get this matter resolved. We will send you a damage claim form for you to fill out so we can document the whole incident. It will be sent directly to your email and we can take it from there. Thanks.

Thank you, I have replied to your email.

On a more positive note, I am very glad that all my important work is on an external hard drive and it still works. :bigeyes:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

(the email adress you gave me for the claim form)

Technical details of permanent failure:

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain corsair.com by smtp.corsair.com. [8.25.207.175].

The error that the other server returned was:

552 Size: 28601842 > 26214400

Can you please explain to me what this means :o:

Archived