Corsair Community

Win8.1 - App Error on shutdown, duplicate sensors, custom fan curves not working

Crysto

Unfortunately even with multiple similar issues being reported, I've not found any real solutions to the major issues I've come across in an evening of playing around with the program.

I did a clean install of CL after already having it on my system for monitoring my AX1200i, now I've installed a Commander Mini and have plugged into it 3 fans to control (and one RPM-only signal for monitoring pump), 3 Temperature probes and the AX1200i Link cable.

I've allowed CL to install any updates and restarted when prompted.

1. Crash on shutdown - self explanatory, annoying.

1742520345_Corsairlinkshutdowncrash.thumb.jpg.babcce88fbcf04158f08e105d6714c80.jpg

2. Duplicate sensors at 0 - After configuring everything as needed, after restarting my PC there are duplicates of many sensors reporting 0. Right-click 'Reset device' makes the duplicate disappear, but this is obviously not a worthwhile solution.

Before: 1761901692_LinkConfigured.thumb.jpg.605cb18b52f00bdd1a4168f113636702.jpg

After: 1241822699_LinkGoofed.thumb.jpg.919ac50338b65d561c234e408f235779.jpg

3. Fan curves not working - Selecting 'fixed' modes of fan control will result in the fans speed changing, however any 'curve' based profile (even the included ones) would not control the fans as configured. As you can see the red indicator for where the fan is on the curve is way out, and fan speeds reflect this.

760596886_FanCurveGoof.thumb.jpg.e46e4aefcc2fbf116e5e320f40a7a9ba.jpg

I'm eager to set up a simple profile to automatically control my fan speeds, however if simply doesn't work as advertised I'll be returning it.

Your response is likely the only type of response to get attention from Corsair. It has easily been over a year, and the same issues and problems continue.

I will need to see a lot of glowing reviews on this board from customers before I ever buy anything from Corsair again that requires software. They may be fine at hardware, but they absolutely suck at software!

3. Fan curves not working - Selecting 'fixed' modes of fan control will result in the fans speed changing, however any 'curve' based profile (even the included ones) would not control the fans as configured.

I have found if I use the temperature 4 sensor and the 1.1.06 firmware it works for fans 1 -> 6 (but Fan 6 is sometimes temperamental)! From my testing of SIV I expect this is a firmware issue and only temperature 4 works. Others have reported this, I added http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=746955#post746955 and raised ticket 6560108 in mid December but despite chasing this nothing seems to have been done about it.

It seems the fan curve issue is due to the fans not wanting to drop below 40% speed - is this just a limitation or is there some way to override that setting?

Mentioned in this thread from ~2 years ago http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=104571 'Most fans will not turn off and can only run at a low RPM so I am not sure that was ever even tried in testing but I we will check into that. FYI.'

I think it's 34% for the CL Mini, but on my H100i and Cooling Nodes I can get them to drop quite low using custom curves. I did some more testing and posted http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136772. To my thinking the CL Mini firmware is causing many of the issues, but getting Corsair support to do anything is at best tricky.

I suspect if I sent a few hours with a half decent firmware engineer we could fix most of them!

Would love some confirmation on the inability to turn off fans, if that's the case (and will remain that way) then it's getting returned.

No,it doesn't have the ability to fully shut down its fans.,if the fans spin lower than ~650 rpm then their subject to stalling which will result in the fan spinning full rpm til its rpm range is again recognized ...

If a support ticket is needed to assist you,,Corsair will assist with any concerns but many times issues vary to a particular users build...

Is there a solution to the duplicate devices reading 0.0? I'm having the same problem. I have several devices displaying 0.0 and when I right-click and select "reset device" they vanish but then reappear seemingly at random every few days. I now have at least three devices with four duplicates.

I've also reset a couple of devices that were displayed as 0.0 only to have them work correctly a few days later. However the icons for these devices do not re-appear in the profile I had active when they were reset.

In fact, the icon for any device I "reset" dissapears from the active profile completely. Is there any way to get these icons to reappear? I can see the devices in the group view but there doesn't seem to be any way to make the icon appear.

Ugh, so frustrating...

Is there any way to get these icons to reappear?

Ugh, so frustrating...

The only way I found was to delete the profile and create a new one.

Given SIVs reports all my CL devices all the time I find it hard to believe how bad CL actually is!

Archived