Corsair Community

G19 membrane to K70 MX brown or black?

AtotehZ

Hey guys,

I'm about to buy a Corsair K70 or K95. I haven't used mechanical keyboards since I had an IBM with Windows 3.1 back in the early 90's.

Which switches would make for a fluent transition from a membrane keyboard like the G19? I pretty much know the stats of all the switches, but I haven't felt them with my fingers.

Black seems like the key for me without tactile feedback.

Brown seems like the key for me with tactile feedback.

How do these compare to the G19?

You can't really compare mechanical switches to membrane switches since they're a completely different switch type. I'm a former Logitech G19 user, got the STRAFE RGB with MX Browns and have had no problems. My dad has an IBM keyboard lying around somewhere, he said it feels exactly the same compared to this. (LOL!)

It's completely up to you whether you want the lighter browns with a bump, or the stiffer blacks without a bump.

Hey guys,

I'm about to buy a Corsair K70 or K95. I haven't used mechanical keyboards since I had an IBM with Windows 3.1 back in the early 90's.

Which switches would make for a fluent transition from a membrane keyboard like the G19? I pretty much know the stats of all the switches, but I haven't felt them with my fingers.

Black seems like the key for me without tactile feedback.

Brown seems like the key for me with tactile feedback.

How do these compare to the G19?

I would highly recommend you find a place where you can try the switches, in general, if not off the actual K70/K95 themselves.

• Corsair Employee
I would highly recommend you find a place where you can try the switches, in general, if not off the actual K70/K95 themselves.

^ Best suggestion. Mech KB have a completely different feel compared to rubber dome. Trying them out first hand to see which fit is the best bet.

• 1 month later...

Archived