Corsair Community

Problems with disappearing 120GB force 3 ssd

Anders

I have problems with my 120GB force 3 ssd: when I mount it it usually shows up for a while, but then just disappears completely without any warning. I was planning to use this as system disk, but the disk usually drops out before I get a chance to finish installing the OS. (and if not it drops out the first time I try to boot the new installation of windows).

It has been like this since I got it some time ago, and it was actually a replacement for another force3 disk that behaved exactly the same way. At first I thought it was linked to my incompatible memory units which for a while caused me to have bluescreens and memory dumps. That problem is now fixed though, and the ssd keeps disappearing.

Last I tried flashing the BIOS again before updating the firmware to version 5.03 and held my breath when it seemed to stay up for a while, but then again droped out as soon as I attempted to install anything on it.

so, anyone have any tips on what else I can try to get this sucker to stay put??! I might have given the impression that it is caused by the windows instalation, but its kind of coming and going no matter what I do with it.

thanks!

Sadly my only two SATA3 ports are Marvell. otherwise I can choose between SATA2 JMicron or the SATA2 GIGABYTE chip. I have been thinking of chaninging my MB for a while, its been causing me too much problems, but it looks like they stopped producing the 1366 socket boards, so that would make the investment a bit more substantial.

Got it.. my manual refrains from using the full word Intel, but found the ICH10R.

I tried one of those earlier today and had the same problem, but I'm running a full secure wipe now on port 8/9 which will take some time and will then make another attempt.

Archived