Corsair Community

Remove 3-button Controller from 460X RGB Case

tennengr

Has anyone removed the Corsair 3-button RGB controller from the Corsair 460X RGB case? I plan to use the Commander Pro so want to remove extraneous equipment taking up space in the cable management area. From pictures, I would assume that I first unplug the Corsair 6-fan RGB hub controller cable from the 3-button controller. This cable would then be plugged into the Commander Pro. Is it easy to then disconnect the cable or 3 wires from the case panel buttons for the remaining 3-button controller? There are no pictures of this connection up under the inside of the front panel. Is it a plug of some sort? (Note I do not have the case yet.)

By the way … what are the correct names of all the Corsair controller products? They seem to be written a bunch of ways and are definitely confusing. Since their are controllers specific to SP, HD, etc. it seems you have to indicate which for all but the Commander Pro and the Lighting Node Pro.

I finally got my Corsair 460X RGB case. The cable from the 3-button RGB controller connects to 3 short cables from the front panel. I won't have to get into the front panel area to remove the 3-button controller. There will be 3 short cables to hide (cable manage).

Archived