Corsair Community

ASUS Motherboard Integration *BETA*

Absolutely no chance to see Corsair invest on making a competitor's device or component work with their software, that would be translated as less RAM sells for their own products

I fully understand this logic, but at the same time the choice of RAM for Ryzen 3000 platforms is sadly very limited. For example, there are no RGB-capable 64 GB kits optimized for AMD, at least according to the Corsair web site (https://www.corsair.com/ww/en//RyzenCompatibility). I love Corsair products and I'm very reluctant to go for anything else, but in case of RAM G.Skill offers far more options for AMD. If all the functionality I can get from this integration is to control the RGB lightning of the motherboard from iCue, it won't manage to change my decision to choose a Gigabyte board for my imminent upgrade...

Just my humble feedback.

I fully understand this logic, but at the same time the choice of RAM for Ryzen 3000 platforms is sadly very limited. For example, there are no RGB-capable 64 GB kits optimized for AMD, at least according to the Corsair web site (https://www.corsair.com/ww/en//RyzenCompatibility). I love Corsair products and I'm very reluctant to go for anything else, but in case of RAM G.Skill offers far more options for AMD. If all the functionality I can get from this integration is to control the RGB lightning of the motherboard from iCue, it won't manage to change my decision to choose a Gigabyte board for my imminent upgrade...

Just my humble feedback.

I totally understand you, I was just explaining why we will unfortnuately never see such a thing, unless there's some kind of standard / unification or alliance between the companies.

BTW I checked the link you gave and all I can conclude is that it's not up to date, my 4x 8GB Vengeance RGB Pro kit isn't even listed and yet it is 100% compatible with my 3900x (that's why I bought it)

Late to the party, but it works fine with my Strix B450-F Gaming. I've also got my XSPC Raystorm Pro and XSPC Photon RGB LEDs hooked up to the board, and it does all five zones (3 on the mobo logo, 1 on the water block, 1 on the res).

I just replaced my old (and well loved) Razer Deathstalker Ultimate today with a K95 Platinum, so the waterblock, mobo, and res were the only RGB that wasn't Corsair-controlled. Now everything is running through iCue.

Probably saved me a few bucks with this update Corsair, since now I don't feel quite so compelled to buy an XC7 waterblock (and they're OOS everywhere!).

Just my humble feedback.

That's really G.Skill marketing fluff. All of the Corsair RGB RAM will work with Ryzen. Of course, make sure you are sensible about the speeds and higher clocks may pose issues - but that's true with Intel as well.

I'm running 96 GB of Vengeance RGB RAM on ThreadRipper. First on a 2950X, now on a 3960X. Runs like a charm.

Hi, first i wanted to thank the whole corsair team for adding this feature which is really cool imo. I wanted to know, do you plan to link every device connected with asus aura ?

Because i have a ASUS - ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING which is working well but also a ROG Strix RX VEGA56 OC 8 Go with rgb turned off. The whole asus aura was off for me since i have only ll120 & a h110i.

Sorry if the question was already asked, i didn't read the whole thread.

Thanks

Works with Z370-A.

Only issue I can see is when I power off my system, the RGB on the motherboard stays on.

In the bios I have it configured to switch that off when the system powers off. Before I used this sync configuration the RGB would shut off, so something is overwriting that.

That's really G.Skill marketing fluff. All of the Corsair RGB RAM will work with Ryzen. Of course, make sure you are sensible about the speeds and higher clocks may pose issues - but that's true with Intel as well.

I'm running 96 GB of Vengeance RGB RAM on ThreadRipper. First on a 2950X, now on a 3960X. Runs like a charm.

It may be G.Skill fluff, but Corsair should make the effort of keeping that web page up to date, because if they had done it, I would not have ended up buying from the competition. :(

Even the RAM search page has no knowledge of any X570 motherboards.

But this is now totally off-topic...

Software works nicely, and even though I understand getting my ASUS graphics card and Trident Z RAM to work with it too would require separate plugins, iCUE doesn't seem to utilize the aRGB header that is on my motherboard, which I don't understand since it works with the integrated RGB headers just fine. Would like to see this patched in sometime in the future. Otherwise I'm so glad to see this finally happening!

Edit: also be aware that using AURA at all will cause the motherboard in iCUE to revert, and I would like to see an option to switch control in the future

Edited by MemeFiendd

Hello all.

Need some help or clarification.

I have a Strix x570-e board with updated bios.

Armory Crate is installed but I can not see a way to stop the Aura .

Went ahead and installed the plug in for the latest i cue.

Rebooted and noticed that the mobo rgb stopped working.

I went into icue and noticed that a generic Asus mobo is shown under devices but none of my profiles work with the mobo.

If I go into Instant Lighting it does work.

Are these the proper steps that I have taken?

Is this the only light effect available atm?

Are custom light profiles not available to display with the mobo?

Thanks all for any help.