Corsair Community

H150i Pro is dying.

FlashCW

I had a Corsair AIO years back that died after 11 months of use. As years went by I forgot about this incident and opted to buy a H150i Pro for my new i9 9900k build. 3 months later and it looks as if this one is dying on me too.

I was playing a game last night when all of my fans went into overdrive so I shut down the game but the fans kept on screaming. Looking at my pump flow through Corsair link it looked like a mountain range with the heat driving up to frightening levels then be brought back down by the flat out fans.

I booted my computer up this morning hoping it was a bad dream but unfortunately the pump is still spiking at 2130 then dropping down to near zero.

Reluctantly I have had to order a new AIO, but this time, one made by Cooler master. I think I'm done with Corsair AIOs. For me they are they signal doom.

Are they known for a high fail rate?

No, they aren't and it's unfortunate that you didn't stop by here first to see if we could diagnose the issue.

Keep in mind that if the pump is actually bad, it does have a 5 year warranty. But there are other things that could cause the symptoms that you described.

No, they aren't and it's unfortunate that you didn't stop by here first to see if we could diagnose the issue.

Keep in mind that if the pump is actually bad, it does have a 5 year warranty. But there are other things that could cause the symptoms that you described.

Such as? I can't think of any other issues that may cause this, short of dark magic.

I can still use my computer for surfing etc: It's not quite dead. So as soon as I replace it with the Cooler master I will be packing up my H150i Pro and it will be going back to Scan for a refund.

I would test on another SATA power line before declaring it a lost cause. It is certainly possible the pump motor has an issue, but you will be the first one to report that specific issue on a Pro series cooler in this forum. It is not common at all.

I would test on another SATA power line before declaring it a lost cause. It is certainly possible the pump motor has an issue, but you will be the first one to report that specific issue on a Pro series cooler in this forum. It is not common at all.

I have checked connections and have even swapped out power to one I know is working 100%. The pump is still spiking and when I start a game it handles it for a minute or two before the temps start to rise sharply and the pump rpm starts to decrease.

I think what's seems strange here is that I have caught the pump just before it dies completely, and that is why it's behaviour is not common place.

My new AIO arrives today and all connections and conditions will be the same, so we will see if it is the H150i that is at fault, or something else.

Update: Pump has started to make a noise like a electric motor winding up and down. Not very loud but you can hear it.

Edited by FlashCW

Yeah, it seems to be a genuine issue. Hard to tell whether it is electrical or mechanical but neither is fixable so replacement is the next step. Just FYI, Corsair does do Advanced RMAs where they ship you a new replacement cooler first on credit card hold and then you have 30 days or so to send the other back. After the new one goes in and works, I would still contact them to detail the issue and see if there is an arrangement to be made regarding the defective one.