Corsair Community

ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe - memory upgrade question

earSmoke

Need help determining if the following memory is compatible with the ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe;

Corsair PC-3200C2 XMS3202 V1.2 1GBX2 2GB Memory RAM (2 Sets of 2GB for 4GB total)

Will the above sticks work on the P4C800-E Deluxe? Currently have 2 gig (4 sticks) of Corsair TWINX CMX512-4000 v1.1 installed.

thanks in advance,

Robert

first I would recommend to download the manual for your motherboard starting on page

(2-10) it tells you everything you need to know about ram and your mobo.

http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/list.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=P4C800-E%20Deluxe&p=1

On corsair memory finder page

http://www.corsair.com/en/memory-finder

input your model number and you'll get several options.

by reading on the manual and the corsair being 1024MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz they should work but this is just a guess as sometimes it might not

Also updating bios to latest version might help if you encounter problems

Thanks for responding.

I do have the manual and also used the Corsair memory finder. Unfortunately Corsair no longer make their recommended sticks (VS2GBKIT400C3). Tried a couple of places like Egghead and also out of stock.

The current 2-gig memory sticks actually exceed the P4C800-E specs so curious if there was a definitive answer with the memory sticks in question. The 'C2' in PC-3200C2 and the '02' in the XMS3202 specs are throwing me. Not buying from a retailer so would appreciate some assurance before making the purchase.

I am looking for the best performing 4-gig memory sticks for the ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe.

regards,

Robert

Thanks for responding.

I do have the manual and also used the Corsair memory finder. Unfortunately Corsair no longer make their recommended sticks (VS2GBKIT400C3). Tried a couple of places like Egghead and also out of stock.

The current 2-gig memory sticks actually exceed the P4C800-E specs so curious if there was a definitive answer with the memory sticks in question. The 'C2' in PC-3200C2 and the '02' in the XMS3202 specs are throwing me. Not buying from a retailer so would appreciate some assurance before making the purchase.

I am looking for the best performing 4-gig memory sticks for the ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe.

regards,

Robert

did you try ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0&_nkw=VS2GBKIT400C3&_sacat=0&_from=R40

there is a brand new kit going for 20, you would need to get another

Wow this thread brought back memories. I built a system with the P4C800-E Deluxe in 2003 at the same time I signed up at this fourm. Originally I had 4x256MB twinx PC3200 corsair sticks in it.

That was a solid board. I believe I still have that system somewhere.

Archived