Corsair Community

Lighting effects disappearing from H115i RGB PLatinum Profile

Metallikahn

Suddenly tonight, for no specific reason I can discern, The Lighting effects for my AIO disappeared from all of my iCUE profiles. I can manually add effects back in and they work, but not sure how or why they got lost in the first place.

Everything was working fine. I launched a game, with an associated profile, and everything switched as expected, except for the AIO, which just went dark. Didn't think much about it till I finished my game and it switched back to my normal profile and it was still dark. I closed down iCUE and the HW presets all loaded including the AIO. Restarted iCUE and it was still dark. when I checked out the profiles, the lighting effects for the AIO were empty in every single profile.

Any Idea what would cause that and how to go about preventing it? :confused:

That's the first time I have seen this glitch reported. You are on version 3.27?

The lighting for the H115i should be saved in each profile and it's hard to imagine all profiles simultaneously corrupting. Hover over the H115i Plat and see if it has a (1) after it in the name. Possible it think it is a "new" Platinum. Any firmware updates lately?Unfortunately, I am not sure there is a cure.

Had my keyboard profiles all disappear before. Really irritated me since I had a Gaming Profile with certain keys at certain colors. The keyboard was the only device where everything went away. I even had saved copies of the profiles and imported them again and the keyboard lighting profiles still did not come back. It was right after iCue updated on me.

I'm on 3.27.68.

The only thing I can think is maybe something got goofed up in device manager while I, Like apparently every other person with an Asus Prime x570-Pro and Commander Pro, was trying to hunt down whatever bug is causing the USB disconnect chime at random. Just about every time I get a disconnect sound I get a grayed out device showing up in windows device manager. Only one new addition over night so who knows if this was related or not. I've got a four port header hub showing up today. Hopefully that solves the disconnects and this ends up being nothing more than a fluke.

I have seen the lighting disappear for other devices, just not an AIO cooler. In iCUE, turn on the debug logging in the Settings tab. If it happens again, maybe it can be caught. I don't know if it is related to the cooler dropping out or not. I would think not, or every time you unplug a keyboard you would risk deleting profiles.

As for the X570 issues, the only general solution some users find is to use an intermediary between the Corsair devices and the motherboard. The NZXT powered USB hub is cheap and has been a popular choice. It seems to be able to talk to both the x570 chipset and Corsair devices.

I have seen the lighting disappear for other devices, just not an AIO cooler. In iCUE, turn on the debug logging in the Settings tab. If it happens again, maybe it can be caught. I don't know if it is related to the cooler dropping out or not. I would think not, or every time you unplug a keyboard you would risk deleting profiles.

As for the X570 issues, the only general solution some users find is to use an intermediary between the Corsair devices and the motherboard. The NZXT powered USB hub is cheap and has been a popular choice. It seems to be able to talk to both the x570 chipset and Corsair devices.

I'll turn on the log and see if shows, should it happen again.

I was short of internal headers anyway so I'd already ordered this from amazon (should be here today). That was before I started noticing the disconnects. Just assembled/upgraded this PC over the last week, so I only just became aware of the USB issue. Hopefully the above works the same as the NZXT, otherwise I'll get one of those on order as well. All this damn work just so I can haz pretty lights! LOL :D:

Well, on the plus side, The header hub I mentioned above seems to have done the trick as far as the usb drops.... So far, anyway. haven't been at the PC steady since the install yet. but I've yet to notice one over the last 20 minutes or so and I was getting them more frequent than that before hand, so fingers crossed.

The loss of the lighting profiled happened again earlier today (hadn't gotten the logging turned on yet, doh.) I'd just reset the profiles for lights on the AIO and exported them for a quick return. Not sure exactly what I did or when it went screwy again, but it did lose it. Now here's the extra weird thing. When I reimported the profiles I'd backed up all were working perfect again, except for a red/white schemed profile I made from scratch. It reimported with the Color pattern/animation I'd lost yesterday, even though the profile I exported today had a new and completely different animation. LOL No idea how that happened.

Logging is on now, so I'll be sure to report back if I encounter anymore of this weirdness.