Corsair Community

AX1500i - persistant beep until power cycled

ryry

Hi Team,

I had an AX1200i which has been replaced with a DoA ax1200i and then replaced with an AX1500i however the new 1500 now has the same issue as the original AX1200i - it has a long beep that wont go away until reset of the power.

video of noise here.

https://streamable.com/30zyfz

I would like to know why this is happening. I have escalated for my support ticket to get resolved again however understanding the nature of the fault would be appreciated.

• Corsair Employee
Hi Team,

I had an AX1200i which has been replaced with a DoA ax1200i and then replaced with an AX1500i however the new 1500 now has the same issue as the original AX1200i - it has a long beep that wont go away until reset of the power.

video of noise here.

https://streamable.com/30zyfz

I would like to know why this is happening. I have escalated for my support ticket to get resolved again however understanding the nature of the fault would be appreciated.

That noise is not coming from the PSU. Neither AX1200i nor AX1500i have any kind of speaker in it.

That noise is not coming from the PSU. Neither AX1200i nor AX1500i have any kind of speaker in it.

Thanks for your thoughts Jonnyguru, and if I wasn't already confident I might have been grateful for that feedback. However, my question though isn't if it comes from the PSU or not, it is definitely the PSU. The noise's loudest point is the PSU without question.

As a validation of this I had changed out all components, aka built a new PC around the PSU, and the noise still occurs from the PSU.

The question is what is causing the PSU to trip this noise at random.

• Corsair Employee

Ok. Because I've confirmed with other engineers at Corsair that there is nothing inside an AXi that "beeps" and I've used plenty of them and have never heard it. Also, I'm sure you Googled the problem before posting here and couldn't find anyone complaining about such a thing.

There has to be a common denominator between these two builds and the noise.

First: When does it beep? Cold before you post? Or after you put a load on it? What condition is occurring when the beeping starts?

Second: Are there ANY parts you used that are common with each other between the two builds? Even if it's something stupid like an RGB controller or a USB hub.