Corsair Community

Issues with the HS75 XB

Hi all,

Issue 1:

I received my headset today and followed the instructions that say, to fully charge the battery before the first use.

It says, once the battery is charged, while the headset is turned off, the LED will light up in constant solid white color.

This however does not happen :sigh!:

I can see that the amber light shows up, indicating that the headset is charging, but after a while it just turns off. Un- and replugging the cable, makes the amber light show up again for a minute or two however.

Could it be, that the instructions are false? As far as I can tell, the light indicators are like this:

Solid amber light: Headset is charging

Blinking white light: Pair mode active

Solid white light: Headset connected to device

Issue 2 / Change Request:

Another issue that I hope can be fixed with a firmware update, is the way the headset signals the user, that the headset is turned on and off.

While wearing the headset, I can hold the power button for 3 seconds and I get a little sound through the speakers, indicating, that the headset is now turned on and I can let go of the power button.

However, when I want to turn the headset off, I have to hold the power button and in my mind count to three and then let go of the power button and ONLY THEN I get a sound, telling me that the headset is now turning off.

Why is that? It would be so much better if it would also automatically play the sound after 3 seconds, so I know that the headset is turning itself off - just like it does when I want to turn it on.

I see a lot of people having issues not knowing when to let go of the power button, because they expact some sort of feedback while holding it.

So what happens is that they hold it for more than 3 seconds and putting the headset into pairing mode by accident after holding the button for too long.

So if someone responsible at Corsair reads this, can you please double check if the charging behaviour described in the included guide might be wrong?

And second, can you please somehow initiate a change request that takes care of the power off signal while holding the power button?

Thank you and kindest regards,

iCEQB

UPDATE 1:

Issue 3 / Change Request:

I have been using this headset now for a few hours and one thing that bothers me as well, is the mute function. When do I know that the mic is muted or not (apart from people not answering me)?

When I press the mic button once I get a "beep-boop" sound on the speakers (probably muted?) - when I press it again I get a "boop-beep" sound (probably unmuted?).

It's easy to loose track of the current state of the mic, because there is no indicator anywhere telling me if it's muted or not.

The Xbox OS has a icon for a muted mic, see here:

xbox1kjwk.jpg

Is it not possible for an official licensed headset to trigger this icon?

Issue 4:

While holding the Mic button for a few seconds I get a different sound than muting/unmuting the mic - what does that do? The instructions say nothing about this.

Issue 5 / Change Request:

I see people in another thread and on reddit, having freezing issues with their headset. Is it possible with a firmware update to implement a hard-reset / poweroff button combo?

Currently their only way to get around this, is to wait for the battery to drain ... this is unacceptable for a 150$+ headset imo.

UPDATE 2:

Issue 6:

I can't control any of the headset features with the on screen menus on the Xbox.

I can see Volume, Voice/Game Mix and Mic Monitoring on the screen, but they are all greyed out :confused:

I can use the dials on the headset to control the Volume and Voice/Game Mix as a workaround and I can see the bars changing on the screen while doing so.

But what about the mic monitoring? Out of the box it's basically non-existend. You'd have to eat the mic to actually hear yourself while on screen the mic monitoring indicator is maxed out.

For me personally this is fine, as I would've turned it off anyway - but there are people who rely on this feature.

Edited by iCEQB

I really enjoy this headset however the one issue I have as well is I am not sure how I can tell if my headset is fully charged. I see the amber light for up to ten hours then the light just turns off, but when I take out the usb plug it's amber again. Is there a way to get a battery percentage to show or an audio cue to allow us to know when we should charge our headset?

Cheers,

Jamesiomusico

• Corsair Employee

Thanks for providing the feedback, and I've forwarded this information to our development team to review. Once I have confirmation for a couple of the bullets you provided, I'll respond back with an update.

In terms of the power button notification when turning off the headset, this is the intended behavior as the button doubles as a pairing button as well. A lot of headsets that have a similar configuration will behave very much in the same manner, but we can look further into this.

Yeah, I had a hard time understanding how to shut down the headset. I was waiting some feedback before releasing the power button. Didn't know I had to release the button.

BTW, just a few of questions:

1) How do you know the battery level of your headset?

2) Do you have to setup your volume level every time you use the headset?

3) How do you update the headset? Do I have to plug it to a Mac/Windows?

Thanks folks

I agree I think the main questions that need to be addressed are:

Power light indication of full charge

Level of charge currently obtained

How to update firmware

To answer mervyngroan's question, yes it seems in my experience (Series X) I always have to setup my volume. Every time it turns off it goes back to default volume settings. I have also discovered turning off my Xbox will turn off the headset if it is paired at the time of shutdown.

• Corsair Employee
Yeah, I had a hard time understanding how to shut down the headset. I was waiting some feedback before releasing the power button. Didn't know I had to release the button.

BTW, just a few of questions:

1) How do you know the battery level of your headset?

2) Do you have to setup your volume level every time you use the headset?

3) How do you update the headset? Do I have to plug it to a Mac/Windows?

Thanks folks

1) Battery level should be visible in the Xbox menu

2) This would be determined by the Xbox and how it behaves with audio levels. The only volume control on the headset is for the Game/Chat mix.

3) You can update the headset with it connected to a Mac/PC through our iCUE software

Edited by Corsair Nick

I have also discovered turning off my Xbox will turn off the headset if it is paired at the time of shutdown.

I hope this is no critique, because I actually like this feature :D

I mean, when I turn off the Xbox, I don't need the headset to stay on.

2) This would be determined by the Xbox and how it behaves with audio levels. The only volume control on the headset is for the Game/Chat mix.

You might want to recheck the headset - it has a volume dial on the left earpod :D

What I wonder however is, why can't I control any of the headset features with the on screen menus on the Xbox?

I can see Volume, Voice/Game Mix and Mic Monitoring on the screen, but they are all greyed out :confused:

I can use the dials on the headset to control the Volume and Voice/Game Mix as a workaround and I can see the bars changing on the screen while doing so.

But what about the mic monitoring? Out of the box it's basically non-existend. You'd have to eat the mic to actually hear yourself while on screen the mic monitoring indicator is maxed out.

For me personally this is fine, as I would've turned it off anyway - but there are people who rely on this feature.

I have added this to OP as another issue.

The volume control on the chat mixer within the Xbox guide is for wired headsets only I have yet to have a wireless headset where I can control it by the guide's volume control. As for the mic monitoring I do wish there was presets for it but I can live without out. As for charging I have the same problem with the light turning off and only can go by the indicater on the screen whether I have a full battery or not. I also experienced my headset freezing over the weekend and had to wait for it to die to get it to be responsive again and work.

Yep, fully agree that it needs a way to be able to adjust the mic monitoring. I can get party chat and game volume mix correct but then I can’t hear myself and end up shouting.

I too can’t seem to get the power button press right to turn of the headset, I always end up not pressing it long enough for fear of sending it into pairing and then have to keep retrying.

Finally, I wish I knew what the presets were from pressing the volume button. Saying that I bet some people don’t even know the button exists as it’s not mentioned anywhere. There’s no online documentation. I also wish you could assign custom presets to this button. This is my first Corsair headset after moving from Astro and I’m reasonably impressed. If this feedback gets incorporated then I will be Corsair for life.

So far though. Those are my only real complaints but I did feel the instructions were severely lacking and not just those in the box but those online also.

• Corsair Employee

Hey everyone,

I extend an apology to anyone who has been encountering issues. We've made a thread here acknowledging the HS75 XB's troubles and are doing our best to address them in a timely manner. As part of our investigation, we'd greatly appreciate for any of you to chime in on that thread by letting us know if the issues are being consistently reproduced and what the process is. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently purchased the corsair HS75 XB.

I have a problem.

When i use the headphones there is clipping sound coming from my 5.1 speaker setup.

My setup is

Xbox series x. Sound on Dolby Atmos bitstream.

LG 55 GX. Sound bitstream over eARC.

Sonos ARC with Sub and Surrounds.

I messed arround in the sound settings to make sure its not set on headphones + Speakers and to change bitstream to 5.1. It all doenst make a difference.

Theres also coming a very slight distortion sound coming from one of the headphone sides ( the one with mute buton). But thats a minor thing.

Is sound coming from the main speakers a known issue? Is there a fix?

I am forced to return them if there isnt a fix because (clipping) sound coming from the main speakers kinda defeats the purpose.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I've had the HS75 for xbox for a few weeks now. The audio dropoff is annoying when gaming but I found an interesting behavior that might help Corsair with a fix.

When gaming I get audio drop a few times every few minutes.

If I watch the Mandelorion on disney plus I get dropouts quite frequently every minute.

If I watch clone wars on disney plus I don't get any dropout..

So is this a audio coding issue?

A bit rate issue?

It's interesting that I'm able to reproduce this everytime through my xbox.

Hope this helps Corsair.. I love your products, but the HS75 needs a fix asap.

This is the first corsair product I've owned with a glaring issue. Hope the fix comes soon.

Thanks

• Corsair Employee
Thank you for providing the detailed information on what you are experiencing. We haven't received this specific type of feedback yet, but I've forwarded it to our development team to review and see if we can reproduce it on our end. I'll update you if we have additional questions.

• 1 month later...
Thank you for providing the detailed information on what you are experiencing. We haven't received this specific type of feedback yet, but I've forwarded it to our development team to review and see if we can reproduce it on our end. I'll update you if we have additional questions.

Hi Nick. Could you give us an update to what the „volume button“ does exactly? It cycles through 4 different EQ Settings. What exactly are those settings? Does it alter the EQ hardware wise or does it alter the Atmos software? What are the 4 settings exactly?

Hello,

I've had the HS75 for xbox for a few weeks now. The audio dropoff is annoying when gaming but I found an interesting behavior that might help Corsair with a fix.

When gaming I get audio drop a few times every few minutes.

If I watch the Mandelorion on disney plus I get dropouts quite frequently every minute.

If I watch clone wars on disney plus I don't get any dropout..

So is this a audio coding issue?

A bit rate issue?

It's interesting that I'm able to reproduce this everytime through my xbox.

Hope this helps Corsair.. I love your products, but the HS75 needs a fix asap.

This is the first corsair product I've owned with a glaring issue. Hope the fix comes soon.

Thanks

It doesn't fix anything. The problems have been around for half a year and nothing is happening. There are probably only robots on the forum here, who don't even know if something is being solved, they are constantly writing about the restart of the headphones in support.

Absolute disappointment and I am another person who returns and will never buy anything from Corsair again

• 1 month later...

I use the HS75 XB on an Xbox series x system.

Does anyone have an issue communicating in Xbox live game chat? If I am in a party I can hear and talk back to the group. If I am in Xbox live game chat I can not hear or talk. I tried my old mic and had no issues so it can’t be that my kids goofed up a setting. I am stumped. Any assistance is appreciated.

• Corsair Employee
I use the HS75 XB on an Xbox series x system.

Does anyone have an issue communicating in Xbox live game chat? If I am in a party I can hear and talk back to the group. If I am in Xbox live game chat I can not hear or talk. I tried my old mic and had no issues so it can’t be that my kids goofed up a setting. I am stumped. Any assistance is appreciated.

If you haven't done so already, please open a ticket at https://help.corsair.com, our support will help look into the issue and troubleshoot.