Corsair Community

Complicated lighting and fan setups

Snypehunter

Attaching my diagram... The Corsair system has a lot of tiny components that are confusing to design around.

My system has 8x140 LL-RGBs and 3 non-brand PWM(No color) fans. I will be adding some of the Corsair LED strips, once I get a better understanding for how your controllers are setup.

I think there are 3 controller parts: RGB Hub (a 6 way addressable splitter), Lighting Node Pro (2 channel addressable RGB Controller), and a Commander Pro (6PWM Fan and 2 ARGB controler 2 USB and 4 Temp Sensors... Kind of a Nope Pro with Fans, temp and USB??). I'm not exactly sure how the controllers chain up???

I need to know:

How do the controllers and hubs chain up? (What can plug into what? How many times?)

Can non-corsair fans will work on the Fan Headers of the Commander Pro?

Can DC fans work on the Commander Pro PWMs?

USBs aside, does anything connect to the Motherboard?

Are there adapters to convert the standard to the proprietary connectors and back?

Are those proprietary adapters only on the RGB cables (leaving the Fans as PWM)?

Somehow, I think I am going to have a lot more questions as I cobble this things together...

Snype

269459871_FanDiag.thumb.jpg.db3a0c41832e4b0b4c0c199d999acebf.jpg

I need to know:

1) How do the controllers and hubs chain up? (What can plug into what? How many times?)

2) Can non-corsair fans will work on the Fan Headers of the Commander Pro?

3) Can DC fans work on the Commander Pro PWMs?

4) USBs aside, does anything connect to the Motherboard?

5) Are there adapters to convert the standard to the proprietary connectors and back?

6) Are those proprietary adapters only on the RGB cables (leaving the Fans as PWM)?

Somehow, I think I am going to have a lot more questions as I cobble this things together...

Snype

1) Check out the RGB FAQ at http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880.

2) Yes.

3) The CoPro fan headers support both DC (3-pin) and PWM (4-pin) modes

4) No.

5) First, Corsair's connectors are not proprietary. They are "latching DuPont" or Molex SL series connectors and are widely available. There are no standard connectors. By "standard", do you mean the Asus-style modified 5050 connector that didn't exist for anything anywhere before Asus and MSI put it on motherboards? Or do you mean JST-SM, which was the most common connector for Addressable RGB before they got into computers? Either way, there are 3rd party adapters available; just not from Corsair.

6) There are no proprietary adapters or connectors, as mentioned above. The fan PWM does use standard (and that is an actual standard, btw) PWM connectors.