Corsair Community

Trouble with H115i Platinum ML Fans syncing with 3 LL140s

tha1der

I have an NZXT H710, and chose to mount my H115i Platinum to the top of the case, with the ML fans pulling, thus visible inside the case. I replaced all the internal NZXT RGB strips and fans with Corsair RGB strips connected to a Lighting Node Pro which connects to my Commander Pro. I replaced the exhaust fan and 2 intake fans with LL 140s. At the time of purchase, I was not well educated into the complexity of getting different series fans to play nice. Nor how iCue doesnt allow for much customization in the sequencing of lighting devices.

Since the two ML radiator fans are in the middle of the 3 LL fans, is there any possible way to get iCue to sync these as a series of 5 fans? I have the 3 LLs plugged into an RGB hub, which plugs into the Commander Pro, and I have the ML fans plugged into the AIO. I bought an extra RGB hub, and plugged them into that, which i then connected to the Commander pro, but same results.

And before you link me, yes, I have poured over ZOttys diagrams and How-Tos, to no avail. Thank you kindly, in advance!

There isn't a perfect solution and there is no software re-ordering. Since all the preset lighting patterns rely on a specific per fan LED count to work, mixing in various 4, 8, 12, 16, and 35 LED count fans makes it unfeasible. From your end, there isn't really a great way to make it run 1-5 with mixed fans. The Platinum cooler is a separate lighting controller than the Node Pro and will always act like a separate group.

The one competing option you have is to move the ML off the Platinum and to the RGB Lighting Hub (and LNP) with the LL. Now we have the LED count per fan problem. In order to get the special LL effects, they must be set as LL in the Lighting Set-up. This will offset the count as the pattern passes through the middle ML fans and the LL after (the rear?) would be half correct for the intended pattern. When you do need to mix fan types like this, you usually get the best results by sticking the odd fan count (the ML) at the end of the chain (slots 4 and 5). Whether some type of sequence back to front to top is acceptable to you is another matter. You can try it out by moving the ML RGB wires to the other controller.