Corsair Community

Optimal Fan Setup For Crystal 570x + H100i AIO

Dccontreras20

Hello fellow Corsair Enthusiasts,

I have seen similar posts similar to this topic but they never give a definitive answer.

I recently purchased the Corsair Crystal 570x and the H100i AIO CPU cooler.

I want to know what the optimal setup is for this case.

Option 1: https://imgur.com/5IHYYPf

- Mount radiator in the front and set all 3 front fans (120mm) to "Intake"

This would suck in cool air from the ambient atmosphere.

- There would be 2 more (120mm) fans at the top set to "Intake" as well.

(NOTE: The front and top part of the case both have dust shields)

- There would be 1 (120mm) fan in the rear set to "exhaust"

Option 2: https://imgur.com/0zVPQoU

- Mount radiator to the top and set both (120mm) fans to exhaust.

- The front 3 (120mm) fans would stay as "Intake"

- Lastly, in the rear there would be 1 (120mm) fan set to "exhaust"

If there are any more setups that are more optimal please feel free to inform everyone. The debate between "Intake/exhaust" and "Positive/Negative" air pressure has been talked about for a looong time and there is plenty of information out in the web. However, I feel like this case is unique....It is somewhat of an "Open Air" design. There are plenty of cracks and crevasses to let air escape out of.

Once again thank you for any information you guys give. :biggrin:

Edited by Dccontreras20

The second one is better for balanced airflow and visuals if your PC sits on a desk. If it's on a floor, setup 1 may look better but would be a pain in cleaning since there is a lot more dust obviously. Regarding temperatures, front radiator means lower CPU tems but higher GPU (especially because the case doesn't support floor fans and the PSU gives some heat as well). The top radiator is what I would go for - a bit higher CPU temps (but like less than 5 degrees difference) and a whole lot more fresh, cool air for GPU and motherboard.

Having a top radiator vs a front radiator depends on a lot of factors. But the main factor will be your GPU. What is your GPU fan type on your card?

Is it a fully enclosed GPU and "blower" type card? Or is it an unenclosed "open" type card? If it is a "blower" card, then it will not matter much top or front mounted radiator. However if it is an "open" type GPU, you want to have your CPU radiator in the front of the case as the GPU will make the ambient temperature in the case higher and thus you will have a higher CPU temperature load.

See this video for more information and further explanation.

[ame]

[/ame]