Corsair Community

QL fan not lighting

Lukioptyx

I have a new build with a full custom water cool loop with XD5 pump/res, XC7 cpu block, XG7 block, XR5 radiators and 10 QL fans. I also have 4 Vengeance Pro modules, K70 Keyboard and a Knightsword mouse. I've got 6 of the fans RGB going into a Lighting Node Core and their PMW going into a Commander Pro. 4 of the fans are RGB are going into a different Lighting Node Core in the 1, 2, 3, 4 slots and their PMW going to the MB Sysfan pins. Everything works fine except for one QL Fan won't light. I've plugged it into different locations with no luck. Seems there is a Blue LED or two lit and then a cyan colored pair. Any ideas on what this means?

Thanks for any help

So assuming your connections are right (and also iCUE Lighting Setup section is ok), you must deep test your fans to look for a possible faulty one or a RGB Hub faulty port.

As far as RGB fans work in chains (every fan passes the RGB signal to the next one), and as a faulty fan can light up correctly for itself but not be able to pass the signal to the next one, I'd do the following:

(REMEMBER all plugging/unplugging operations must be done with PC powered off)

- unplug all RGB cables

- connect fan 1 to port 1 (assuming you are going to test the RGB Hub where the weird-acting fan was originally plugged)

- if it lights up correctly, go for fan 2 in port 2

- if also fan 2 is ok, swap the fans

- if the 2 fans light up correctly again, you have found 2 good fans for sure.

- now plug them in port 1 and 3, and start testing the other fans in port 2.

If all light up correctly it's likely you have a faulty RGB Hub port... rare, but can happen.

To ensure this, populate all the 6 ports with good fans and see what happens.

Baio

I put it in different positions and it would never light up, besides the blue and cyan ones. When plugged into the Lighting Node Pro it would kill the ones in positions after it too so they would night light up. Bad fan, I'm getting another sent out.

Thanks