Corsair Community

iCUE Beta Program Questions

CarsondaCoolest

Hey guys! In case you don't care to check, I'm new here. I created this account purely to create this post, because I have several unanswered questions about the iCUE Beta which I have been unable to get answered.

My primary questions are, admittedly, primarily selfish. I was sent an email which stated that there would be giveaway entries granted for sending in multiple bug reports, and I would like some clarification. Does this mean that sending in a single email with ten bugs listed is equal to ten entires, or just one? Is it better to send in an individual email for each bug? If we have already sent in a large email, and it is better to send multiple small ones, will we be penalized for sending the same information again in smaller emails?

How about the emails themselves? There is no sort of confirmation that it was even received. Even the automated system at "icuefeedback@Corsiar.com" (which is what the link in the email directs you to) did better than Corsair at letting me know that they received my email.

I am also curious about versioning. I was sent an email with a link to the software. I have no way of knowing whether the software I was sent is already outdated by the time I try it, because the update button does nothing. Does anybody know anything about this?

Clearly, there are a few questions which I feel should be addressed. Not only mine, as I'm sure others have questions too.

Edited by CarsondaCoolest

Does this mean that sending in a single email with ten bugs listed is equal to ten entires, or just one? Is it better to send in an individual email for each bug?

Well they set it up that way, so it would seem it would be better to send individual emails for each bug report. That also may help them with processing, tracking, or assigning it to a particular person versus having to extract individual items from a large email.

There is no sort of confirmation that it was even received.

I would not expect this. It's a mass information collecting operation versus customer service or individual troubleshooting. While you are interested in knowing your feedback was sent, someone else would be equally as annoyed to get a auto-response email for every submission. One thing you can take some solace from is undelivered emails get returned.

I am also curious about versioning. I was sent an email with a link to the software. I have no way of knowing whether the software I was sent is already outdated by the time I try it, because the update button does nothing.

There is just the one version and no update is available. It is most likely future updates will be transmitted in the same way as the original, email and download. This is for your benefit as well. The downloaded installer makes it easier to hop back and forth between v3 and v4 if needed. If for whatever reason they decide to push the next update via the update server, the program would prompt you, just as it does now on CUE 3.

Well they set it up that way, so it would seem it would be better to send individual emails for each bug report. That also may help them with processing, tracking, or assigning it to a particular person versus having to extract individual items from a large email.

Other than this, I would say you answered the majority of my questions. The one thing I'm still unsure about is this:

If we have already sent in a large email, and it is better to send multiple small ones, will we be penalized for sending the same information again in smaller emails?