Corsair Community

Corsair H60 cooling system and temperature

SantaClauss

Hi everyone,

I've been having a little problem this weekend when I went up with friends to play on lan. It would seem I have some temperature issue and I am wondering about the whole H60 System.

This computer is a computer I've bought from the company I worked for when they switched their fleet, so I don't think I could have any warranty of sort on parts really, which is why I have some issue finding support right now.

I've been reading on and off on H60 right now, and I understand how hard it will be to try and find the culprit, but let me start with this picture, this one is worrysome to me but could make sense to you.

https://i.imgur.com/b1ndnN7.jpg

The most left tube is getting hot, the other one is literally room temperature. If I dare to touch the actual H60 module I dont seem to feel any vibration at all.

Here's a rundown of temperatures at idle :

https://i.imgur.com/xuSU2ka.png

If I open a game my "Package" temp and cores go up from 85 to 100 in matters of seconds as the game splash screen loads up.

But my idle right now seems to be around 65° to 75°.

I've seen some post where they were suggested they should be seeing the pump activity through monitor softwares but I can't seem to find what or where should that be ?

Thanks for any ideas / input you could share with me.

You are effectively at zero flow state right now. The pump is registering in the normal 4400 rpm neighborhood, but clearly liquid is not moving from either a clog or some type of physical issue on the pump. The two different temperatures on the tubes are a classic warning sign as well. Normally you get about a 1C drop per pass through the radiator. That's not something you can feel. If one is clearly warm/hot and the other not, there is a major issue. You are going to need a replacement

Thank you so very much for your answer, that is what I expected.

Is this something common to have to replace "pumpwise" ?

My PC is running fine, I mean... It's hot temperature so when it hit 100c I feel it throttle to prevent going higher, it's definitely not "good", I can tell.

I'll see if closeby shops have a H60 on hand tomorrow.

Thank you

It depends on the age. All in one coolers are not meant to last indefinitely. That is the trade off for "zero maintenance". At some point it is going to run into an issue. The most likely reason for yours is a blockage build up over time in the unit and now the flow is too restricted. No getting around that and it will happen to all units eventually.

I would be careful in the current state. You have little cooling and once the coolant around the block fins heats up, there is no way to release it. It is likely in the 50-60C range and that is why you idle at that temperature as well. The CPU cannot be less than the coolant temperature.