Corsair Community

Raptor M45 mouse changes DPI by itself

Fendon

Needed a mouse with a better sensor to play my favourite game, so I got the M45. Sensor is perfect, but DPI goes from 1400 -> ~1550-1600 by itself. This is not reflected in the driver UI, I felt and measured it. Opening the driver software corrects the change until it happens again.

I've tried:

-Setting ALL DPI steps to 1400

-Saving profile to mouse memory

-Reflashing firmware and reinstalling drivers

-Switching USB port

The lastest firmware is listed as 1.05 on the download page, but the download contains 1.02. Gotta say I'm disappointed in the software department of this mouse.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am a little bit dissapointed by Corsair's lack of software development. Went for this mouse as soon as it came out, the DPI switching is apparent in FPS titles, was waiting for firmware update to fix this, never got one.

Not playing as much anymore, but it is still annoying.

Hello, I have the same problem, Corsair M45, firmware 1,02, win 8.1. Sudden change of DPI. Changing sensitivity one step up and then one step down sets the sensitivity back to the original value but it's still quite annoying.

• Corsair Employee
Hello, I have the same problem, Corsair M45, firmware 1,02, win 8.1. Sudden change of DPI. Changing sensitivity one step up and then one step down sets the sensitivity back to the original value but it's still quite annoying.

This sounds like a different issue. Are you saying when you change DPI to one level up, and one level down that the value resets to default?

Well, by stepping the setting up and then down, the DPI value seems to reset to the "correct" DPI at that setting. Opening the software also seems to correct the DPI, but in-game, that isn't really an option. The change in DPI seems to happen randomly and it does happen while playing (i.e. without changing any settings).

Do you think that I should try to get the mouse replaced under warranty?

The mouse changes X-Y sensitivity on the fly, and it is annoying. It's nothing wrong with the ports, I've tried on several PC's and the same issue, although sometimes it wouldn't happen for days and then it keep happening all the time. Suddenly the mouse goes very sensitive on X axis, I have 3 modes all set to 800 DPI so changing it sets it back but then sometimes it happens again in a few seconds.

Luckily I don't game on high level anymore, otherwise it would fly out of the window already :)

• 1 month later...

I have exactly this problem - my mouse seems to change it's dpi setting at random times, as far as I can tell it always has a slightly higher (~25%, as far as I can tell by testing it in-game) dpi than I set in the driver when I boot up the computer.

Just as described by tobbel, it sets to the correct dpi setting when I use the buttons to change it up/down and back again, but can change back to the slightly higher dpi at a random time.

So far I have not been able to figure out any triggers or permanent workarounds. While I had a similar issue with a mouse by another brand, that one only changed to factory settings sometimes, and never had the problem after I did a quick sense-up-sense-down workaround.

Any help is very appreciated, as this makes it pretty much unusable for me, and I'd hate that.

I tried different USB ports, saving different profiles to the mouse - no change.

• 5 weeks later...

Did you try setting independent X and Y DPI settings? I had this issue before and it seemed to be triggered when I picked up my mouse and set it back down. After I changed my settings so all the different profiles had an independent X and Y DPI of the same value it seemed to stop.

EDIT: I changed to a USB 2.0 from a USB 3.0 slot (I could have that wrong; I put the mouse in one of the normal ones instead of the blue one) and the issue happened again (once after waking my computer from sleep) A simple mouse DPI up mouse DPI down via the DPI changing buttons reset and fixed the issue. Does what USB port I put my mouse in matter at all? Or am I just being silly.

Hi, I am having similar issues with my M40 mouse. The DPI will change at random during gameplay. If I manually increase the DPI I can't decrease it without using the corsair software. Rebooting windows will usually decrease the DPI to minimum (but not always).

Things I have tried:

- Update firmware

- Re-install drivers

- Tried the mouse on a different machine

- Re-installed windows

- Tried different USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports

Has anyone had any luck resolving the issue?

FYI: I am using windows 8.1 Pro

• 4 weeks later...
My old Logitech mouse broke and I didn't like the look of Logitech's current offering - G502 Proteus Core so I decided to give Corsair a shot. Unfortunately that turned out to be a mistake, because the M45 changes DPI sensitivity on its own sporadically. You have to open up the mouse software to reset the DPI sensitivity. The latest firmware and reboots do nothing to rectify the issue. I find this to be atrocious and am hugely disappointed because I gave Corsair the chance to take my business and instead am left wondering how this mouse even made it to market. I returned the mouse and decided to give the Proteus Core a shot because at least I know it will be reliable.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Needed a mouse with a better sensor to play my favourite game, so I got the M45. Sensor is perfect, but DPI goes from 1400 -> ~1550-1600 by itself. This is not reflected in the driver UI, I felt and measured it. Opening the driver software corrects the change until it happens again.

Is your favorite game Overwatch? See this thread - might help

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=159116

M40 mouse not able to switch dpi with out going through software ? I can switch to a lower dpi but i cant go back up without going through the software ! This just started happening after about a year of use . I've tried both 2.0 and 3.0 usb with same results !

Archived