Corsair Community

Extra Created Profile Doesn't work (link to program)

InomniaC

Hey All

One of my games is very heavy on my CPU. Therefore I created an extra iCue profile with a more aggressive cooling profile on my H115i AIO cooler.

However this profile seems not activated after I start the game. Is there anything I'm missing besides setting the correct path to to the program in the "link profile to program" section?

You'll need to be specific. Some games have 'false' exe files or launchers that are not the actual game. It is likely someone here will have experience with whatever you are playing.

Ok no problem. It's iRacing (Racing Game / Simulator)

I've used both .exe files that are actually used by the game:

%Program Files%\iRacing\iRacingLauncher.exe

%Program Files%\iRacing\iRacingSim64DX11.exe

*edit* my games are installed on my secondary SSD drive (E:) I don't know if this could be an issue?

Being on a secondary drive is fine. None of my games are on my C drive.

Windows Store games can be difficult, but this does not appear to be one based on the website. Typically the exe you want will be in E:(folder)/iRacing/ and then either standing in the main folder or in a "bin" folder.

Short term, manually select the game profile before loading up to play. A few clicks to select or deselect is likely easier at this point

Being on a secondary drive is fine. None of my games are on my C drive.

Windows Store games can be difficult, but this does not appear to be one based on the website. Typically the exe you want will be in E:(folder)/iRacing/ and then either standing in the main folder or in a "bin" folder.

Short term, manually select the game profile before loading up to play. A few clicks to select or deselect is likely easier at this point

thx for the reply. Yeah can certainly load up profile manually but would be easier not to forget if it runs automatically. I guess activating the profile using a (powershell / cmd) script is also no option? (give the fact that I already have a script to fire up my motion platform, valve index, .. )