The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 75 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-06-2015, 09:18 PM
TellarHK's PC Specs

POST ID # = 751549
TellarHK Reputation: 10

As an update, I was just offered a refund by Corsair for my RGB Blue. I'll be accepting that offer, somewhat sadly. If it were just a case of sagging keys like my F4 that needed a few smacks to straighten out once in a while, I'd have stuck with it. But the double striking was just something I couldn't live with.

CorsairJames: Thanks for all the help with what you've been able to tell people, particularly if you were involved with my RMA. I do IT work myself, so I know the nightmare of an angered customer base. Good luck.

I'm actually surprised that CorsairJames was able to discuss as many of the issues with production and delivery as he has. That sort of thing is truly commendable in this industry. And when Corsair has products on my shopping list, they'll get to stay there in large part because of that responsiveness.

Old 01-06-2015, 09:29 PM
Dwindleflip's PC Specs

POST ID # = 751552
Dwindleflip Reputation: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
There is definitely a lot of demand for any Cherry switch if you read what people prefer in enthusiast communities. However, we're basing all of our information based on Cherry's production numbers since they can tell us what they produce for everyone (overall volume) to see what everyone who uses Cherry MX keys is demanding. We also can use our own internal sales numbers based on what our distributors are ordering too since we manufacture X amount on release, and then manufacture Y based on what our sellers want more of.

On another note, I do apologize some of you are having a hard time finding a keyboard to buy. At the risk of constantly sounding like a broken record, we really are producing as much as we can and air-shipping from our manufacturing facilities to all over the world as quick as possible. The unfortunate thing is such that every retailer and e-tailer wants X amount and we spread it around as much as possible (so everyone can benefit). This is why we urge our customers to ask their etailer/retailer for details as they'll know when their distributor can send them the product (if it isn't direct from us). The only dates we can confirm is when the product leaves our warehouse.
I think its a fair point but I'm not sure it applies to the situation of the k70 and k95 which simply werent in stock no matter what the switch type. Even right now, browns, reds... out of stock. Blues were rarely if ever in stock and from my point of view, myself and others were never given an option to even buy a Cherry MX Blue K70 due to lack of available stock.

Its just unfortunate. I'm still willing to give the keyboard a try as I do consider it to be an attractive product still despite all the issues from supply, hardware, software etc... but I cant even find a brown or red in stock at newegg or amazon. AT BEST I can go to a best buy and walk out the door with a k65 with reds (which is very nice but i'm not a fan of reds beyond gaming) and i need a number pad. So.... blue, brown, red... its never been easy to get a k70. So perhaps from Corsairs point of view you're correct but i think from our point of view its been hard to get ANY Corsair RGB keyboard of any switch type and those of us who were waiting for their switch of choice to become available, specifically blues... waited for nothing. Again its unfortunate but there seems to be an issue with stock availability no matter what the switch type.

Last edited by Dwindleflip; 01-06-2015 at 09:44 PM.

Old 01-06-2015, 09:29 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 751553
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
The problem with your logic is that the MX blue keyboard have only been discussed on those threads rocking that title. Look through many threads and you'll see that people have mentioned waiting for the blues to be available. Go on reddit, look at YouTube comment and so on. You're a fool to base the interest of the MX blue switches just on this forum...

But the low interest in those switches to terminate the production is the perfect scapegoat for not talking about defective products!

I'd love to see how many keyboards with RGB blue switches have been RMAed/ mentioned as being defective? Probably a metric ***** ton of them...

I personally haven't RMAed my keyboard yet.
I'd like to know how can I get FULLY refunded (that includes shipping btw) from Amazon?
Corsair James feel free to let us know for the ones who ordered from an e-retailer what's the process to get our money back?
Hi Froggy, I'd recommend asking our CS reps when you call in (or I can have them contact you). They would know more about the refund process than me. You can PM me if you can't get through.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:45 PM

POST ID # = 756853
TheHeroFromDOOM Reputation: 10

Ok I joined this forum today to beg Corsair to please go back to making the RGB blues. I have been trying to get one since summer. This is'ent funny guys! There is nothing else like it. The k70 is such a perfect, simple, no junk classic keyboard. I was so happy when I found this keyboard over the summer, been waiting for it to come back in stock, so I could get it and a new RGB mouse to go with it. Now I'm so sad. Can't you just make the RGB blue's on just the k70?? You don't need to make the on all you RGB keyboard models but at least one would be amazing. If enough people ask is there any hope you can start making them again, in batches or limited runs every few months?? Any please Corsair!!! Is there anyway to make a cherry red into a blue?? Anything? Are there any sites that still have them?? Is there any where that still has them???

Old 01-28-2015, 10:02 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 756862
terabyte Reputation: 73

Go complain to Cherry then, they are the one producing the RGB switches. If Corsair doesn't have them they can't do anything.

Old 01-29-2015, 03:58 AM

POST ID # = 756892

If I got cry to cherry they will just say that's it was corsair. It wont get me anywhere. If that's what it takes then I will, but we both know that's a waste of time.

Old 01-29-2015, 04:47 AM

POST ID # = 756907
dogman1911 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeroFromDOOM View Post
If I got cry to cherry they will just say that's it was corsair. It wont get me anywhere. If that's what it takes then I will, but we both know that's a waste of time.
Cherry's 20 year old machinery cannot manufacture blues. Official line is they have a "low yield". Sounds like many of the blue switches they make on their antique machinery, have to be rejected because of quality control issues - read faulty design. And of the ones they did make and sell, if you do some reading many people are reporting a lot of really bad things - each key has a different feel, some keys don't click, some keys stick, some auto repeat etc.

I also have been waiting for and would love a K70 rgb with mx blues for the same reason as you, but if you read about the problems with the few blues they did end up making before cancelling them, count yourself lucky that you did not get an early model.

If you must have mx blues, then look at the old K70 with red or blue leds (as opposed to the rgb).

Old 01-29-2015, 07:28 PM

POST ID # = 757034

RGB is a huge this to me, the older models wont do it for me. The lighting is one of the main reasons why the K70 was so big to me, any light color you want basically. I have the alienware track x keyboard now and I'm looking to upgrade to something better, namely the K70 RGB, anything other is kinda a down grade to me. I would of gladly taken a chance with the blue RGB's. And it does not seem like there is anyway someone can make a red or brown K70 RGB into a blue :( .

Old 01-29-2015, 09:36 PM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 757053
Wired Reputation: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogman1911 View Post
Cherry's 20 year old machinery cannot manufacture blues. Official line is they have a "low yield". Sounds like many of the blue switches they make on their antique machinery
Old does not mean bad. There's some machines in factories that are 50 or 100 years old that still work perfectly fine.
Admin of this forum / webdesignforums.net / Petri's IT Forum / The Corsair Memory Steam Group
Founder/Creator/Admin of ZE SECRET PROJECT (Coming Soon)

Old 01-30-2015, 03:52 AM

POST ID # = 757083
dogman1911 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wired View Post
Old does not mean bad. There's some machines in factories that are 50 or 100 years old that still work perfectly fine.
Except that everyone raves on about how state-of-the art Cherry is and how superior "German engineering" is over the other manufacturer's "cheap Chinese knock-offs". So yes 20 year old machines are bad in an industry where Moore's Law no longer applies because advances are rapidly increasing. They are manufacturing switches (RGB) that are obviously very difficult to build (or someone would have done it years ago) on old machines and then wondering why they are having so many failures and problems.

So which is better - 20 year old German machines or brand new Chinese machines? I guess the market will decide.

20 year old machines are fine if you are building the same widget 20 years later.

Old 01-30-2015, 05:31 AM
Zenexer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 757097
Zenexer Reputation: 10

From what I've gathered, blues are manufactured in part on older machinery that is no longer as reliable as it once was. There's less pressure to replace machinery for blues than other switches because fewer blues are produced than alternatives, largely due to lower demand. It's likely that too many blue switches were failing QA, resulting in low yields.

Old 01-30-2015, 04:04 PM

POST ID # = 757227

There you said it RGB, Corsair is the only people that make RGB cherry blues. That why they can't stop. There is nobody else. They cant stop, they can charge 260 for the keyboard for all I care, even 300 would be ok. Corsairs official reason does not seem to hold up when I speak to other people about this topic.

Old 01-30-2015, 05:32 PM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 757244
Wired Reputation: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
The official statement is as follows:

"Due to extremely low yield on RGB blue switch, it is not possible for Corsair to continue production on this product.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeroFromDOOM View Post
Corsairs official reason does not seem to hold up when I speak to other people about this topic.
... and what are these "other" people saying?

The fact is - only Corsair and Cherry know what the actual yields were. Unless these "other" people work at Cherry (and can prove it) and break an (assumed) NDA - they're just hypothesizing. Take whatever they're saying with a grain of salt.
Admin of this forum / webdesignforums.net / Petri's IT Forum / The Corsair Memory Steam Group
Founder/Creator/Admin of ZE SECRET PROJECT (Coming Soon)

Old 02-03-2015, 08:12 PM

POST ID # = 757968
vagabondz Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogman1911 View Post
They are manufacturing switches (RGB) that are obviously very difficult to build (or someone would have done it years ago) on old machines and then wondering why they are having so many failures and problems.
The RGB switches are identical except for the fact that the housing of the switch is translucent. The LED is on the PCB, behind the key switch, not attached to it.

Old 02-04-2015, 11:21 AM

POST ID # = 758085
dwitty Reputation: 10
Default huh?

[QUOTE=dogman1911;757083] So yes 20 year old machines are bad in an industry where Moore's Law no longer applies because advances are rapidly increasing.

.....Moore's Law has to do with how the number of transistors in an IC is expected to change over time (double every 2 years ish). I don't see how this is relevant.