Corsair Community

Corsair H100i platinum massive RGB issues

Hokies83

Just got it today,

Was on FB chat with a rep but quitting time came around, want to say thank you to the Corsair FB rep who stayed 30 mins after closing to help me!

So my issues and there is many...

First of all no matter what I do the pump colors won’t cycle just static if they even come on.

2nd one fan only 1 rgb is working... on the other 4 were working but now it’s down to 3.

The pump is connected to cpu fan header / sata power / usb is connected to commander pro.

Things I’ve tried

1. Uninstalling and reinstalling icue all the way to the run files,

2. Un plugging and re plugging in fans

3. Un plugging and swaping the pumps RGB headers.

4. From reps suggestion force an h100 firmware update - it fails.

5. Tried a commander pro firmware update it also fails.

My 3 hd120s connected to the commander pro work great without issue, but the 2 ML120s connected to the pump will not.

Edited by Hokies83

The Platinum coolers have their own lighting controller, so if you connected its two fans to both the power and lighting connectors on the cooler, the Platinum is now a stand-alone system. It doesn't seem like there is an issue with the Commander Pro and its fans. You don't need to do anything to the C-Pro.

It does seem like their is an issue with the Platinum's lighting controller if both pump and fan lighting is acting up. If a firmware flash didn't resolve it, I am not sure what else there is to do. I would be lean toward return and replace, but there are others with more hands on experience with the Platinum line.

Good question. I suspect not. Most AIO have a lot of “one way construction”. It’s not meant to be taken apart — ever. However, I don’t have a Platinum in my hands to study, so it may be possible to flip the plastic cap 180. A potential issue is the hose inserts. The plastic may be cut for them on that one side. Generally it’s better to avoid taking it apart, but if you are enterprising and not afraid to make a mistake, it might be possible. There might be a few others that have deconstructed one, but usually not common on newer coolers. I would see if you can find a YouTube tear down.