Corsair Community

What on Earth Is THIS?

JarOqueefs

how...How do you change anything in this software?....there is nothing here! There is no apply anything..there is no change fan speeds, there is nothing to do anything after an an hour of looking at this. I'm sorry but man I'm not stupid but ...but this is nothing? where is CHANGE THIS OR THAT.....someone tell me how to change color? There is nothing here!!!!!

:mad:

What LINK device are you using? How is it connected to the PC?

Is the device detected in Windows? Assuming you have a Hydro Series i cooler. You can check this by going to Printers and Devices (Found in Control Panel) and look for a device called "Integrated USB Bridge".

corsair link what? my Afterburner is better than this....getting good temps and all but....corsair link is nothing but a useless monitoring tool?...am I wrong? It does nothing.

good fan specs I guess ,,,seeing much higher than 37 at a 100% fan.? how am I missing this

win 8.1 no ? marks in device manager...tried 2 diff usb connection...reistalled software twice...all wires connected and re-checked...allsystems go...no crashing of any kind ..any game Mordor, Bf4 100 plus frames all day......burning out an i7 920 @3.99 @1.275 volt core, 1.325 qpi link volt ...I just don't get it

It's best to keep on topic in order to help you, one post is enough to tell us your temps and fps, thoughts on the product and your PC components etc.

Is the H100i detected correctly in Windows 8.1? Do you see "Integrated USB Bridge" in Devices and Printers?

If it's seen. Try this registry edit to disable 8.1's USB power saving features for the cooler only.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=120962

If that did not help, uninstall the current version, follow the instructiosn to delete the temporary files and install an older version of the software.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=125350

If it is not seen.

Try a mini USB B to Type A cable not the included cable (Mini USB B to internal USB 2.0)

If you just want to change the L.E.D. colour, you can try SIV, a third party software that supports some LINK devices.

http://rh-software.com/

Ive read through this topic 10 times and I have yet to see JarOqueefs (ironic username BTW) post one relevant thing that would help us help them.

They have yet to clarify what Corsair cooler they are using as the reply below deserves a blank stare :sigh!:

connected off the water block...both fans connected via the given 4 pin adapter, connected direct for testing up front 100% fan latest software installed.. with all needed net.frame software

10 posts, and so far none of it can provide information that can help them.

all I gather is that they are using Windows 8.1 with a cooler that's connecting fans off a 4 pin adapter on the waterblock.....they are using the latest version of the software what ever version that is because they still didn't list a version number.

Even a quintuple post :bigeyes:

List all your system specs in one post (hardware and software)

Motherboard and cpu (this is important because the latest boards may require you to turn off legacy USB for CL to work)

Cooler (this is import for the obvious reasons we need to know what cooler you are using)

Software (this is important because Asus fan control software can interfere with CL)

Hardware (is everything stock or did you change the fans? this is important because some fane may not work)

Firmware version of cooler (important for obvious reasons)

Software version of CL software installed (again, important for obvious reasons)

i7 920..p6t deluxe v2

h80i

no conflicting software

my case fans are a non issue...I'd like to control the h80i fans though

firmware in latest software I guess

latest software

cl doesnt see the h80i ..Ive tried the regedit already too.. Edit: and holy crap its workin!!

[ame]

[/ame] this^^, and a reinstall of CL

Congrats to getting it working.

Thing is, the i7 920 is a hot CPU and the H80i has a single space radiator which means you won't see 50 degrees with all the cores maxed out (esp. if using HT).

One thing I do agree on is that the software is bloated and has an unintuitive GUI. Can't even disable that huge case image in the middle that is taking up most of the space. You can change the picture but the size is still the same. Static windows belongs in the 90'ies.

Archived