Corsair Community

RAM Compatibility Issue

Dailss

Hi everyone!

Recently (4 days ago) I bought a whole new gaming PC. My System Specs are:

- Motherboard: B450M DS3H

- Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6 Core 3.4GHz

- Gráfica Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Nitro+ 4gb OC

- Memory Card (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16): 2x8GB RAM 3200MHz (Corsair Vengeance LPX)

- SSD 240 GB

- HDD 1 TB

- Power Supply: Enermax PRO 600W

So, these past days I've been having problems with my memory cards (and Windows, but that's not the matter in question).

The first time I turned on my PC I entered BIOS to put the frequency to 3200 MHz (it was 2100 MHz by default) and all good. However, in case I played for 10+ minutes any game, my PC would freeze completly.

I thought to put the frequency back to 2100 MHz, and then, another problem came up. Basically, if I use both memory cards at the same time, my PC won't give video signal. It's not the motherboard because I have tested on all sockets with the 2 combinations possible for Dual Channel, and nothing.

The weird thing is that if I only use 1 memory card (8GB), the problem is fixed.

In theory there are no perfomance issues with my Specs because my motherboard and processor can handle 3200 MHz Memory Cards, and I have asked around and there are no compatibility problems.

However, just to make sure before I buy another set of Memory Cards. What do you think? Do I have compatibility problems with AMD? In that case, what memory card should I buy (same thing; 2x8GB 3000/3200 MHz if possible)?

Greatly appreciate the advice, cheers.

PD: Terrible sorry for my English, not native.

Hi everyone!

Recently (4 days ago) I bought a whole new gaming PC. My System Specs are:

- Motherboard: B450M DS3H

- Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6 Core 3.4GHz

- Gráfica Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Nitro+ 4gb OC

- Memory Card (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16): 2x8GB RAM 3200MHz (Corsair Vengeance LPX)

- SSD 240 GB

- HDD 1 TB

- Power Supply: Enermax PRO 600W

So, these past days I've been having problems with my memory cards (and Windows, but that's not the matter in question).

The first time I turned on my PC I entered BIOS to put the frequency to 3200 MHz (it was 2100 MHz by default) and all good. However, in case I played for 10+ minutes any game, my PC would freeze completly.

I thought to put the frequency back to 2100 MHz, and then, another problem came up. Basically, if I use both memory cards at the same time, my PC won't give video signal. It's not the motherboard because I have tested on all sockets with the 2 combinations possible for Dual Channel, and nothing.

The weird thing is that if I only use 1 memory card (8GB), the problem is fixed.

In theory there are no perfomance issues with my Specs because my motherboard and processor can handle 3200 MHz Memory Cards, and I have asked around and there are no compatibility problems.

However, just to make sure before I buy another set of Memory Cards. What do you think? Do I have compatibility problems with AMD? In that case, what memory card should I buy (same thing; 2x8GB 3000/3200 MHz if possible)?

Greatly appreciate the advice, cheers.

PD: Terrible sorry for my English, not native.

Note that AMD Ryzen 5 2600 supported memory specification is DDR4-2933 so anything over that is not guaranteed to work although DDR4-3200 often can work. Try down-clocking your ram to DDR4-2933 and see if that works for you.