Corsair Community

For anyone having problems closing side panels on the 800D(700D maybe)

swalker23

When I finished putting together my WC setup and new AX1200 I had a hell of a time trying to put my side panel back on. After some looking around I saw that the bottom part of the case was flexing a lil bit. I resolved the issue by removing the middle foot and now my both my side panels go on with any problems. Not sure if it will help you but it helped me.

You can see in this pic that left side were the PSU is the bottom area is bending a lil bit.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j37/swalker23/DSC00863.jpg

With the middle foot removed it has straighten up.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j37/swalker23/DSC00900.jpg

Isn't there some reinforcement missing from that bottom section?

Not sure what you mean, but everything is there besides that bottom HDD cage that supports the middle platform. With everything out of the case the side panel goes on without much trouble. When I removed the middle foot I can put on the side panel even easier when the case was empty. It could be the weight of the PSU that's causing the flex. Either way I'm happy don't have punch my side panel to get it on anymore:D:.

Hi, Wired:

I'm having a problem with the cable compartment side panel going on snugly. The ATX power cable seems to be getting in the way and I can't see how to remedy this. I am not quite sure what you mean by the "middle foot." Could you elaborate?

Thanks much.

• Corsair Employee
This will not happen on cases with the bottom hard drive bay installed. Removing that bottom drive bay reduces the structural integrity of the bottom panel of the case which can lead to a "bowing". Your solution is a good fix but you might want to keep an eye out for sagging in the future.

This will not happen on cases with the bottom hard drive bay installed. Removing that bottom drive bay reduces the structural integrity of the bottom panel of the case which can lead to a "bowing". Your solution is a good fix but you might want to keep an eye out for sagging in the future.

Thanks for the reply, gonna find something to prop up that plat form.

Archived