Corsair Community

iCue PC glitch - not detecting anything for a few seconds

Jonnik

Recently upgraded my pc to the corsair 220T rgb case with builtin rgb fans and lighting controller as well as adding 2 strips of corsair vengeance rgb ram 8gb 3200mhz.

Before this upgrade i had no problems with iCue. Afterwards non stop trouble. Its really hard to describe, but imagine it like this: im gaming for a while (2 monitors, 1 has youtube or spotify on), and suddenly you hear the sound as if an usb disconnected, then my screen glitches for a second or two, all my devices arent recognized anymore and iCue detects them after 10 seconds. Which would not be a problem would it happen once, but it happens every 10 minutes or so, to the point it is getting annoying. No clue where it is coming from and if it has anything to do with the new fans or RAM, but never had this problem before. It happens only when in game and mostly around cutscenes. Seems like iCue thinks, f*** your cutscene, i dont want to work anymore.

Anyone any clue or maybe has the same happening? I know it's iCues fault, because i tried shutting it off and playing without iCue on and that works fine and never have the glitchy screen anymore. Yes, i could keep iCue turned off but whats the point in having software to control my devices when its not working?

Pc specs are on profile, devices i have on top of that (in iCue):

Corsair iCue 220T RGB case (3 fans + lighting node core)

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro RAM

Corsair Strafe RGB MX Silent

Corsair Sabre RGB

Corsair M800 Polaris RGB

Corsair ST100 RGB

I love their stuff, its amazing hardware, but the software is seriously pulling it down for me right now.

TLDR: No error codes or nothing, just glitches out for a couple seconds and then starts refinding all my devices. Happens mostly in games

• 10 months later...

I have the exact same problem with my mouse!

Had this problem for months, even wrote an e-mail to complain, the admin tried helping me by sending a file to try manually install on the mouse, while holding down the (hard "Factory" reset button) at the bottom of the mouse.

It didn't work for me unfortunately... You should give it a try!

(Link to download the file is below)

E-MAIL i got from Admin:

Hi Stian,

I apologize to hear this, I'm sure this should help:

1: Unplug your mouse from the computer.

2: Locate the small pinhole underneath your mouse. For some, this will be located directly on the bottom in plain sight. On others, it will be located underneath one of the removable weights attached to the bottom of the mouse.

3: Using a small paperclip or push-pin, press down on the button inside the pinhole.

4: Plug your mouse back into the computer, while holding down the pinhole button.

5: Once it is plugged back in, your computer should recognize a drive called CRP_Disabled. Please open this.

6: Download the firmware file from the ticket. If it is compressed into a .RAR file, please extract this file to an easily found location on the computer.

7: Delete the file FIRMWARE.BIN from the CRP_DISABLED drive, and then place the file with ISP in it’s name to the CRP_Disabled drive.

8: Once you have performed the steps above, please unplug your mouse and then plug it back in. The device will then return to normal. Please test to see if the issue reappears. If it does, please inform us on the ticket for further troubleshooting.

Afterward, I would do a clean installation of ICUE >Perform a clean reinstallation of the Corsair Utility Engine (iCUE)

All the best,

DOWNLOAD the file here:

https://help.corsair.com/attachments/token/kyHaKWX10EuxvfFCJLL2X2cBu/?name=Scimitar_Pro_3.14_ISP.bin