Corsair Community

800D Fan specs

antonyfrn

It may be that it's possible to find the specs somewhere, but why aren't we being told from Corsair themselves. I've seen this question been asked several places, incl. in this forum, and nothing's being said.

Most case vendors release this information. It's polite, and gives the buyer an easy way of deciding if they want to order some other fans along with the case. Personally i've heard a few Corsair psu's in action, and aren't impressed with the sound they make. Not talking about the common coilwhine here. Just the fan. Therefore it would be nice to know a little about the case fans in the 800D. Not that i'm gonna change my mind about buying it.

I read some german review, where they meassured the 800D up and running at 36,5db's. Only one other case could keep up with that. I don't know how they meassure noise, but it looks promising at least.

Bet hey Corsair.. A little info for those os us who are spending a lot of money on your first case would be in order. Spit it out guys:-)

I have been trying to track down this info and I think I've got it. The case fans are 140mm and are rated for 900RPM, and max. CFM is 65-70.

Thanks, those are some really nice fans for stock fans. Looks like I won't replace them after all once Newegg ships my case:mad:. As for noise 900rpm isn't loud I would guess at 17-23dba guesstimating on the fans I've purchased over the years.

[snip]

Personally i've heard a few Corsair psu's in action, and aren't impressed with the sound they make. Not talking about the common coilwhine here. Just the fan.

[snip]

Johnny,

Are you saying that Corsair PSU's make more noise than other brands at the same size of PSU?:(: I've been thinking about an HX SPU, at say 750W.

Thanks. :laughing:

X509 The HX series are less noisy from what i've been told. I have an VX, and that isn't. Or rather: The fan makes an annoying cliking sound. I had an old Danish branded psu before the VX, and that one was low noise. The day i instaled my brand new Corsair VX550, i put the old psu in another case, placed it almost 2 meters from the Corsair psu, and with my ear to the old psu, i could still make the clicking of the VX out. A mate of mine bought a VX550 too, and his had the exact same noise. It's not that they are noisy, as long as the fan doesn't spin up. The sound they make is annoying that's all.

Other than that Corsair psu's are famous for coilwhining. I didn't think mine had that issue, but as it turnes out; it does. I've recently upgraded my computer, and the extra load on the psu, makes it coilwhine slightly.

If they don't coilwhine, i would generally caracterize Corsair psu's as fairly quiet. Compared to generic branded psu's they are a massive leap foreward for sure. Besides the whining they're of good quality too, no doubt. Exellent stability on outputs aso. But if you want something truly quiet, i wouldn't recommend them.

Go to silentpcreview, and check their list of recommended psu's. When they test products like a psu, they record the sound it makes as well. That way you have a chance to figure which one doesn't bother your ears.

i would like to know what brand is used and the sound so i can find a good set to match the cases noise levels.

I was thinking of four Noctua NF-P12 Vortex fans but the colour wont match the case sadly or maybe some Scythe S-FLEX 1600RPM specs on them seem ok what im not sure about the DB

- Dim: 120 x 120 x 25mm

- Rated speed: 1600 RPM

- Sound: 28.0 dB(A)

- Air flow: 63.7 CFM

- Bearing: S-FDB

Ok, I'm rather confused now....

I finally ordered my Obsidian and I would like to replace all of the included case fans with Scythe fans. The specs from the Corsair website indicate that with the case they include 3 x 120mm case fans with room to add 4 more. So by my calculations there is room for 7 x 120mm (I'm a math genius too). I'm guessing if I mount a triple rad at the top, that would leave room for 4 x 120mm fans elsewhere? The specs also indicate there is 1 x 140mm fan with a dust filter at the bottom of the chassis. I will be replacing this fan as well.

Can someone confirm for me the fan sizes/amounts so I can order the right components? Correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like:

1 x 140mm (Bottom)

3 x 120mm (Included case fans)

Room to add 4 x 120mm (if triple rad at the top, that means only 1?)

Ok, I'm rather confused now....

I finally ordered my Obsidian and I would like to replace all of the included case fans with Scythe fans. The specs from the Corsair website indicate that with the case they include 3 x 120mm case fans with room to add 4 more. So by my calculations there is room for 7 x 120mm (I'm a math genius too). I'm guessing if I mount a triple rad at the top, that would leave room for 4 x 120mm fans elsewhere? The specs also indicate there is 1 x 140mm fan with a dust filter at the bottom of the chassis. I will be replacing this fan as well.

Can someone confirm for me the fan sizes/amounts so I can order the right components? Correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like:

1 x 140mm (Bottom)

3 x 120mm (Included case fans)

Room to add 4 x 120mm (if triple rad at the top, that means only 1?)

I think the fans are 140mm, this link to the Corsair site state they are 140mm http://www.corsair.com/products/800d/default.aspx and click on the Resources tab . The top is drilled for 3 120mm (not included).

My case will be delivered tomorrow so I can't confirm but I am almost certain that the included fans are 140mm.

After reading and re-reading the site, it looks like you are right curlysir...

3 x 140mm fans (one bottom, one exhaust, and one on the HDD bays)

This however is still not clear - room to add up to 4 more 120mm fans. I am thinking that 3 of those would be on the top (or a 120.3 rad), and that would leave room for 1 more 120mm.

After reading and re-reading the site, it looks like you are right curlysir...

3 x 140mm fans (one bottom, one exhaust, and one on the HDD bays)

This however is still not clear - room to add up to 4 more 120mm fans. I am thinking that 3 of those would be on the top (or a 120.3 rad), and that would leave room for 1 more 120mm.

The 4th fan would mount on the lower bay for mounting of hard drives, just below the 140mm fan that has the cover. Look at the pictures above this post and you will see the mounting holes. That is what the longer screws that are included are for.

• 2 months later...
I have been trying to track down this info and I think I've got it. The case fans are 140mm and are rated for 900RPM, and max. CFM is 65-70.

RAM GUY, Hi.

I'd like to add my voice to the other folks asking about the Corsair fans. Please would you find out how many db emitted at rated voltage and 900 +/-100 RPM speed. 65-70 CFM is useful. I'd appreciate if you could find this out. Thanks.

Archived