Corsair Community

H100i Platinum and Commander Pro

Fireheart318

The lighting wires can stay in the RGB HUB no matter where the fan motor power wires go. If you have other Corsair RGB case fans, you probably want them in the hub anyway so all your fans are linked to the same effect. Putting them on the Platinum's RGB connectors moves them to another device panel and they act like their own little two fan system.

*Those RGB hub connector can be irritating. Ball point pen, press down on top of the clip release. It will not "shoot out", but slowly release.

The fan motor power cables/connectors should really go back to the Platinum. You can run those from the Commander Pro and properly connect their control curve to coolant temp and match the curve with the shape tools in the upper corner. However, every time you quit iCUE, reboot, shutdown, etc., those fans will loose their data sensor and go full speed. It will become an annoyance. On the Platinum's controller they can see the coolant temp all the time, with or without the software running. They will not spike.

The fan motor power cables/connectors should really go back to the Platinum. You can run those from the Commander Pro and properly connect their control curve to coolant temp and match the curve with the shape tools in the upper corner. However, every time you quit iCUE, reboot, shutdown, etc., those fans will loose their data sensor and go full speed. It will become an annoyance. On the Platinum's controller they can see the coolant temp all the time, with or without the software running. They will not spike.

Any idea how to unplug those cables from the Commander Pro? They’re really in there and I don’t want to hurt myself or the computer by pulling them out wrong.

The normal fan connector from the Commander Pro? Those should slide off and there is no locking mechanism.

If you mean the flatter RGB lighting wires that connect to the 6 port RGB hub, those are a pain on occasion. Use a pen, tiny screwdriver, etc. to push the release mechanism on top of the connector. You won't feel it eject, but all of a sudden it will freely release.