Corsair Community

Colours do not match - RGB

TZB

Hi guys,

When I built my new system about a year ago, for the first time I went fully RGB (yes, I'm old :D:)...so I bought a ThermalTake View 71, a case I have always loved the looks and the cooling capacity of, a z390 motherboard with an i5 (clocked at 5.1GHz now), together with a Corsair H115i Platinum RGB aio, 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB RAM and 6 LL fans.

All went fine for a couple of months, and then the LL fans started acting up...first I thought (as I ran a full 'white' build which requires more power) there was something off with my SATA power cables, so I changed my old OCZ 750W PSU to a more up to date Corsair RM850x...with white cablemod Pro cables.

As this did not help, I went back to the store, they checked the fans and apparently they had the same issues...so I traded them in for the (then) new QL fans.

Now here is the issue...which I never noticed when running the LL fans...if I set iCue to a fixed colour, it seems the QL fans and the H115i pump RGB are not alike colourwise...white seems a bit yellow on the H115i, purple seems a bit reddish on the H115i and so forth...some colours are fine (green, blue, full red).

The memory does not match the fans 100% either, but the difference is much smaller.

As said, I had never noticed any difference with the LL fans...but now it's an eye-sore. So much of an eye-sore I have now reverted fully to unicorn vomit (rainbow) or to a downloaded profile...allthough these are frequently too 'busy' for me.

Can someone confirm this is - or this is not - normal (the H115i being a bit off in comparison)?

Just to have some piece of mind...I'd love to have everything synched up, but I'd hate to have to return the aio because of faulty RGB...cooling is great.

Thanks heaps!

TZB

Have you checked that the same colour is selected on iCUE? I run an all white build (please see my post) and realised my LL fans are more of a blue tinge compared to my RAM Vengeance RGB Pro's which were actually white.

On a side note, what temps are you getting with your AIO? I opted for a XD5 pump running AMD 3600X and my idles can sit anywhere between 32-40 degrees C. I comprised my GPU for this type of cooling and now regretting the decision as I have an ultra wide monitor my GPU cannot push 100+FPS unless it's on 1080p

Have you checked that the same colour is selected on iCUE? I run an all white build (please see my post) and realised my LL fans are more of a blue tinge compared to my RAM Vengeance RGB Pro's which were actually white.

On a side note, what temps are you getting with your AIO? I opted for a XD5 pump running AMD 3600X and my idles can sit anywhere between 32-40 degrees C. I comprised my GPU for this type of cooling and now regretting the decision as I have an ultra wide monitor my GPU cannot push 100+FPS unless it's on 1080p

Just curious. When you have the RAM set to white. Is it pure white? Mine seems to have a couple spots that almost look pink. :o:

there's always slight color variations even on the same models of fans.

Since you go to full white, it may be good to reduce a bit the brightness to avoid pulling too much current. That alone can reduce voltage drop on the 5V RGB and make color differences smaller.

Otherwise, to fine tune per device, you can add a static color on each channel, and set opacity close to 0. Then color that setting to fine tune your white. If it's too blue, add some orange.. etc.. Adjust opacity and color to make a perfect white. that should bring you closer to having a uniform color tone.

Yeah, there's variations on color between fans. The ML fans that come with the H100i RGB Platinum provide a slightly different color compared to my 4 LL series fans. Probably partially due to having less LED's in general.

I just manually adjusted them until they matched up as closely as I could eyeball it with ICUE.