Corsair Community

iCUE Nexus feature request

elkif

I didn't see a specific location for this so I am hoping I am posting in the right place. I received my Nexus and I see a lot of potential here however it is clearly in its infancy. That said is there a place for feature requests; specifically widgets? For example: I would like to see a FPS widget; a more extensive hardware widget. If I am posting in the wrong place please point me in the right direction.

• Corsair Employee

Thanks for the feedback. The iCUE NEXUS is a very new/different product for us and we're watching feedback pretty closely.

Additional widgets and other enhancements are definitely a possibility as future updates to iCUE are released!

Love to see GPU usage, and the ability to drag one of my profiles onto a button so I can one touch to specific iCUE lighting profiles. Geforce Experience integration as well - I want to one touch record. I'd also like FPS/Latency capabilities for games - Geforce already has this so it would be great to pull that data and let me see it on my Nexus.

Love to see GPU usage, and the ability to drag one of my profiles onto a button so I can one touch to specific iCUE lighting profiles. Geforce Experience integration as well - I want to one touch record. I'd also like FPS/Latency capabilities for games - Geforce already has this so it would be great to pull that data and let me see it on my Nexus.

I co-sign this 100%, also the ability to change the power plan on my PC would be extremely convenient as well.

These are good suggestions. The more the better. I have one suggestion as well:

A widget with the ability to change the active windows sound output device.

It would be convenient to be able to use a widget to toggle between speakers and headphones on the fly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

FPS widget. (Transparent and non)

Monitor widget. Rez, response and refresh (Transparent and non)

Link lighting Widget I can put on any screen, same as one on the command pro screen (Transparent and non). On & Off Widget as well.

Fan Profile Widget. I can put on any screen, same as one on the command pro screen (Transparent and non)

Date Widget. (Transparent and non)

GPU Usage widget (Transparent and non)

Volume Widget (Transparent and non)

Open iCue Widget.

GPU and CPU widget Transparent.

Widgets that look like gauges instead of graphs.

All Widgets Transparent and Non option.

Somewhere we can get the files for the backgrounds from the ads and videos.

and share with others ours. And our shared files/profiles. Like a site you can preview before download.

Also on my commander Pro screens, I dont have temp sensors hooked up (im guessing that's the one in the photos that's missing on mine. the one between Link Lighting and CPU temps), so its just a blank box, looks ugly, a option to change it to something else would be good.

Screen should be bigger, no black border. The size would be right if there where no back border.

Edited by Strolla

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been using the Logitech G15 Gaming keyboard for the past 12 years or so. I haven't been able to find a suitable replacement until I found the Corsair K100 coupled with the iCue Nexus. My issue is that I'm losing the ability to monitor certain things like network in/out, system RAM usage, etc. The screen I will show is the SirReal plugin, and it's very, very customizable (https://www.linkdata.se/software/lcdsirreal/). I have gotten so used to it and am having a hard time letting it go so the old keyboard is still plugged into the corner of my table still running the screen while I'm using the K100 as the main driver now.

Screenshot:

0wvyf9U.jpg

Explanation:

• Full date and time with seconds
  • CPU usage (originally designed for dual-cores with top row for first core, second row for average and third row for second core).
  • MEM (RAM) usage - bar is % of system physical total.
  • Network In (download)
  • Network Up (upload
  • Next are the 4 interchangeable modules:
  • CPU: 1 bar for each CPU logical core, up too 12 or 16 total (I forgot the max)
  • The first module gets replaced with a "hung/stuck/not responding app" where I can long-press the corresponding screen key to kill the app without having to open up task manager.
  • Network In (download) history graph of network download.
  • GPU temperature
  • CPU core 0 temperature. (Here's an example of there the Corsair is better because I can report on package temp which is more useful as a summary.)

Now, take the above and consider that there are 4 buttons on the keyboard that correspond to each module and you can toggle between them, for example, I can click the 3rd button to cycle between the GPU temp, GPU voltage, etc. 4th button I configured to cycle between all the cores, the CPU voltage, etc. Second one toggles between download and upload graphs. You can configure an infinite number of available widgets per module, set a default, configure auto-cycling between modules and delay in seconds, you can configure to cycle once and then stop back at default.

The limitations of the above is that I need to run SpeedFan in the background as that's the source of the hardware info. SpeedFan is really abandonware at this point and has been a pain to work with since Windows 7 and UAT. I'm also limited by whatever SpeedFan can report on and sometimes the order of fans and temps gets "reset" and I have to re-configure in SirReal config that what used to be "temp 2 is GPU" is now actually on "temp 0".

So - I took the plunge at $450 CND for keyboard plus screen which is a small fortune to spend because the G15 was dying on me (backlights were half failed and the ones that still worked were flickering), the rubber feet - most of them went missing, the keys are no longer smooth and are starting to show signs of wear. But mostly I needed a logical replacement that would be better in every way. The iCue Nexus is the only thing that makes sense outside of a full-blown and fully custom Android app ("Remote System Monitor"). I don't feel like running a dedicated tablet just to show system stuffs - a tablet that requires Wi-Fi and a server app on my PC to generate/output the data.

My requests to Corsair:

1. Open up the iCue software to 3rd parties, set up an SDK (software development kit) that developers can work with. Specifically the ability to create widgets/graphs to monitor system resources and other things.
  2. RAM usage
  3. Network in/out with ability to specify adapter.
  4. Hard drive in/out, %active time, etc.
  5. FPS counter, GPU MHz, GPU VRAM usage, GPU fan speed, stuff available to MSI Afterburner basically...
  6. Button to allow switching audio outputs or inputs (e.g. switch headphones to speakers).
  7. Allow automatic changes to RGB lighting based on time of day (e.g. red only at night, but do Spiral Rainbow during daylight hours).

-Alexander Huzar

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexanderhuzar/

Edited by alexanderhuzar
  • Like 1

• Administrators
Open up the iCue software to 3rd parties, set up an SDK (software development kit) that developers can work with. Specifically the ability to create widgets/graphs to monitor system resources and other things.

Just an FYI - iCUE does have an SDK. Doesn't look like it supports Nexus as of the last release in October.

iCUE SDK sub-forum

The official CUE SDK for C/C++ (Github)

Just an FYI - iCUE does have an SDK. Doesn't look like it supports Nexus as of the last release in October.

Those SDKs - have they lead to the development of add-ons for iCue to monitor system stuffs like network activity, hard drive, FPS counter, GPU frequency, etc? Nexus should auto-graph if it's available as an input...

• 3 weeks later...
Those SDKs - have they lead to the development of add-ons for iCue to monitor system stuffs like network activity, hard drive, FPS counter, GPU frequency, etc? Nexus should auto-graph if it's available as an input...

Never mind, I'm seeing that the iCUE SDK is applicable only to the ability to control lighting, for example in Far Cry 5 there's an option to allow keyboard lighting control sync with the game so when you, for example, liberate an outpost there's an "american flag" lighting theme waving across the keyboard. While cool, this is a novelty that will grow old after 15 minutes. I still haven't unplugged my Logitech G15 keyboard because I find the network in/out too invaluable to omit from real-time monitoring.

Corsair - if you're listening, it would be nice to have a centralized idea board where we can keep track of what you guys are aware of as community feedback/suggestions, which ideas are implemented, considered, due in next release or rejected. If you really want to dominate the market while providing meaningful value, you will do this and then your products will sell themselves and you can buy yourselves that Lambo you wanted!

I know RGB can sell products, but you already have RGB in things that should not have RGB like (bread) toasters (or was that Razer?). You've gone way above and beyond what one could reasonably expect with RGB. Even OLED key caps have been done before which is the ultimate form of "RGB". Your iCUE Nexus screen is a clean, modern take on an old concept. Let the community help out make this product amazing. Maybe have a monthly or quarterly "winner" where the most innovative community-created plugin or whatever makes it into the official software suite so that other people can also benefit? If your R&D team for this product is small, let others (the community) do the work and you just take the credit. Everyone will be happy and you (Corsair) will be the hero.

:feedback:

• 1 month later...
Currently the iCue Nexus doesn't seem to work with iCUE on MacOS. I'm probably the only person in the universe to try to have a Nexus with MacOS, so I understand if the support isn't there.

Well there is at least 2 of us - I am switching from Razer to Corsair so that I can get MacOS support so bringing the Nexus to be Mac supported would be 'very nice' :)

• 1 month later...

I'm gonna echo the request for support for ram usage but also the ability to buy transparent support brackets for the device itself. Kinda sucks having some of my RGB lighting on edge the K100 by the USB ports and cable blocked out entirely by the bracket.

This device has so much potential to be a legit command center for just about anything. I hope you'll expand on it accordingly. But those transparent brackets tho, please consider those.

• Like 3