Corsair Community

SP120 & SP140 PRO Color Mismatch

DreamCore

So I have a Corsair Crystal 570X chassi with 4 SP120 fans (3 in front, 1 in back).

I bought 2 SP140 PRO fans for the top. However when I set the color to white, the SP120 fans have a nice clean white color, but the SP140 PRO fans has a different tint of white, an almost blue tone. They are white, but not the sime kind of white and it looks very bad.

Anyone else who've experienced this?

Edited by DreamCore

The SP-RGB and SP-Pro are different fans. There are subtle color differences between most of the different models because of LED or material changes. Unfortunately white is always going to be the most noticeable because it is a combination off all three LEDs blended in the visual space. White point or preference for warm/cool tints is fairly subjective and affected by environment. Just look at TV reviews.

All you can do here is either reduce the blue value on the “cool” set or take out red/green on the warmer fans. PC LEDs are rarely warm, so most people are reducing blue.

The SP-RGB and SP-Pro are different fans. There are subtle color differences between most of the different models because of LED or material changes. Unfortunately white is always going to be the most noticeable because it is a combination off all three LEDs blended in the visual space. White point or preference for warm/cool tints is fairly subjective and affected by environment. Just look at TV reviews.

All you can do here is either reduce the blue value on the “cool” set or take out red/green on the warmer fans. PC LEDs are rarely warm, so most people are reducing blue.

And if I replaced the SP120 fans with SP120 Pro, so that they are all Pro, would the color be the same or is there a risk that the colors still won't match?

Edited by DreamCore