Corsair Community

Therapy Build - 1st custom loop

And......... he's back :-)

Apologies again for the delay in proceedings. This whole global pandemic nonsense has really slowed down my supply chain and my build has done nothing for months, as evidenced by the total lack of activity here.

The final piece of the parts collection puzzle finally arrived yesterday. Welcome to the newest member of the Therapy Build family:

tCDFq3v.jpg

I had been agonizing over RAM for ages. I had finally settled on a 64G kit of Dominator Platinum - can't go wrong - right? And then I stumbled on the above for the same money as a 64G kit of the "better" RAM, I could get twice as much. I eventually decided that for my particular use case and knowing how I will behave I decided that more was a better bet than "better and prettier".

I know full well that I won't be constantly tinkering and tuning my RAM to eke the best possible micro second of performance out of it. I will play with tuning and mild overclocking for a little while and then I will move on and the machine will get used to host VMs and possibly other duties. My thinking was that the more RAM the better - for me, in my case. For others there will obviously be totally different arguments.

Anyway, all my parts are here now.

Assembly can begin this weekend ........

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glad to see you back... was really wondering about you. take your time doing the cooling. peace, randy.

Thank you sir, Yes apologies for the absence - I really hate it when threads I'm following just stop at a cliff face - like the end of the Thelma and Louise film - lol !!!

Stay tuned - the saga continues !!!