Corsair Community

Corsair RGB Strips showing wrong colors

micha_1989

Hi there,

I recently decided to buy some QL120 and QL140 Fans since I've seen that iCue is now working with Asus Aura!

I have a Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero Mainboard, Corsair Vengeance RAM, a H100i and the Corsair Lighting Node (with the two buttons) for the Corsair LED Strips.

Since I would like to have the RGB Strips synced to my Mainboard, the fans and the RAM, I attached them to my Mainboards RGB Header directly. The LED Strips work perfectly with Asus Aura but when I configure them with iCue they have the wrong colors. Red is correctly but when I configure Green in iCue the RGB Strips are Blue and when I set it to blue they are Green. I can just trick them by changing the colors in the effects config but the strips are only addressed together with the mainboard, so the results would be that the strips show the correct colors but the mainboard is not.

Is there a possibility to calibrate the RGB strips in iCue or something? I've no idea what I could to, I don't want to spend another hundrets of dollars and have more wires and boxes (corsair command) in my case just for a few more RGBs. I was happy to get rid of the Corsair Lighting node and only replace it by the Lighting Hub Core for the fans...

I'm pretty much dissappointed by the "ASUS Aura integration" because the GPU is not addressable and the RGBs are not working properly what shouldn't be a big deal. Moreover it's still neccessary to keep the crappy Asus Aura Software on the PCs...

It does sound like a calibration issue. To be quite clear - it's that the strips that you have implement the connectors in an unusual way. The strips from CableMod are like that as well - so they started shipping an adapter that swapped them around to work correctly with the Aura connector. Unless and until iCUE implements the calibration that Asus put it to work around this (it wasn't there in the early days of RGB on motherboards), you'll have this issue. In your case, the Green and the Blue anodes are reversed.

As for GPUs - that may come in the future but the announces were pretty clear - motherboard only. And the "crappy Asus software" is required to talk to the hardware - so one does wonder why, if you did calibration already, the Asus interface isn't doing it.