Corsair Community

CPU cooler AIO advice & mod

rgoncalves

I'm building my first PC and aesthetics are important to me.

Pcpartpicker list

I'm trying to keep a black & white theme and all I'm missing is the CPU cooler. I was thinking about getting the new H150i PRO XT but it seems to be OOS everywhere, and with all that's going on, it might take a while to arrive.

After seeing some complete builds, I must say that the white H100i RGB PLATINUM SE looks incredible, but not sure if it's the best choice in terms of performance. I could use some recommendations when it comes to AIO's.

I like the idea of having to do a bit of modding as I have plenty of time now. I had a few stupid ideas. If I end up with the white H100i and replace the radiator with a 360mm rad, it would cost me the same as buying the H150i PRO, do you think it's worth it? Will the pump still perform well? Or any other AIO's, even if in black, I could always paint some parts and replace the tubes.

First, replacing the radiator isn't supported and won't be easy. In short, don't do it.

The H100 should be OK. It's a question of fan speeds and quietness, really. The H150i has 50% more surface area to dissipate heat, so it'll be able to dissipate more heat with lower fan speeds. Now, if you want, you can also get the H150i and add the white LL fans to it. Not sure if that'll be acceptable for your them tho.

Now, if you want, you can also get the H150i and add the white LL fans to it.

This seems like a good idea to me, especially since it is the white LL/QL fans that become the focal point. Not sure how it fits in with the overall aesthetic, but it is easy obtainable and with warranties intact.

First, replacing the radiator isn't supported and won't be easy. In short, don't do it.

The H100 should be OK. It's a question of fan speeds and quietness, really. The H150i has 50% more surface area to dissipate heat, so it'll be able to dissipate more heat with lower fan speeds. Now, if you want, you can also get the H150i and add the white LL fans to it. Not sure if that'll be acceptable for your them tho.

It's just the fact that the pump and tubes are white, that would really stand out in the build since everything else it's black. But I always have the choice of painting the pump myself and I've seen thats it's quite easy to change the tubes. I was thinking about going crazy and replace the rad with a 360mm, but my biggest fear is that the pump won't perform as intended.

It's just the fact that the pump and tubes are white, that would really stand out in the build since everything else it's black. But I always have the choice of painting the pump myself and I've seen thats it's quite easy to change the tubes. I was thinking about going crazy and replace the rad with a 360mm, but my biggest fear is that the pump won't perform as intended.

Where did you see that it's easy to change the tubes?

Don't do this. It'll void your warranty. And it's not easy, not on an AIO.

You can, however, get sleeving from CableMod.

Where did you see that it's easy to change the tubes?

Don't do this. It'll void your warranty. And it's not easy, not on an AIO.

You can, however, get sleeving from CableMod.

There's a few video tutorials on youtube:

[ame=https://youtu.be/TwEOvTNtwO0]Youtube tutorial[/ame]

I'm not worried about warranty. Since corsair only has one white aio, I thought about getting it and just replace the radiator. c-attack just said that it use the same pump as the XT. The only reason to do this is to improve temps a little while keeping the noise down, and most important the thrill of doing it. But now I've been looking at custom loops and for £300 (cpu block, pump/reservoir, rad and tubing), I could do something of my own. Im a bit lost with all this ideas.

Edited by rgoncalves