Corsair Community

K95 RGB Platinum - No LED Lighting

cc10101

For some reason, my K95 RGB Platinum keyboard isn't lighting up. It was, initially, but now it's is not. Not sure what I did, if anything, to stop it.

All my other Corsair iCUE devices are working fine (Obsidian 1000D, 10 LL120s, 3 LL140s, an H150i, Vengeance RGB Pro ram, Harpoon RGB mouse). All those other Corsair RGB devices are lighting up and working properly. It's just the keyboard that's apparently lost it's lighting.

This is a very new build (built last week). I have the latest version of iCUE installed. The lighting setup for everything is Lighting Link Spiral Rainbow.

One thing I noticed that I don't understand is that, under Profiles in iCUE, I show the Default profile, but also 3 profiles I didn't (intentionally or knowingly) create: K95P HW1, K95P HW2, K95P HW3. Not sure where they came from or what they're for.

Does anybody have any suggestions for how I get my keyboard lighting working again? I've seen it light up, so I don't think the keyboard itself is malfunctioning.

Thanks.

Those HW1, HW2 and HW3 are the HardWare profiles that are saved directly to your keyboard.

Is your keyboard just not lighting up or is it completely not recognized by iCUE? Is it showing the default lighting/the hardware profiles if you boot your PC/end iCUE completely?

Even if your're running the latest firmware on your keyboard, try forcing a firmware update. Maybe also consider reinstalling/repairing your iCUE.

Those HW1, HW2 and HW3 are the HardWare profiles that are saved directly to your keyboard.

Is your keyboard just not lighting up or is it completely not recognized by iCUE? Is it showing the default lighting/the hardware profiles if you boot your PC/end iCUE completely?

Even if your're running the latest firmware on your keyboard, try forcing a firmware update. Maybe also consider reinstalling/repairing your iCUE.

The keyboard shows up in iCUE correctly. And it shows the correct lighting setup. It just doesn't actually light up.

I will force a firmware update and see what happens.

Thanks.

keep esc held down pull out usbs for keyboard and wait 10 seconds keeps esc held down plug in wait ten secs let go of esc

I'll try that as well. I think I might have tried it once, but didn't hold Esc while unplugging the USB cables - just held it when plugging back in.

Thanks.

Forcing a firmware update flashed the LEDs briefly, but then the keyboard returned to darkness.

Tried the Escape/unplug/re-plug thing and that seems to have worked. Although now I've got an apparent error indicator on the keyboard box in iCUE. Will investigate what that might mean next.

Stupid question and I am sure you looked at this but in the lighting section of your default (Top) profile for the keyboard is there some lighting setting that is overriding what you want or is perhaps turned off?

Not a stupid question as it does kind of seem like a setting I might have somewhere is causing the problem.

But in this case, I don't think so. I see "LIGHTING LINK Lighting Link 1" as the light effect, and SPIRAL RAINBOW selected in the details. Which is what is set for everything (which is, I guess, how lighting link works, although I'm still learning how this all works).

Thanks.

Could asus auro sync be causing problem as i have a similar problem with mystic light

I haven't loaded any ASUS software yet. I'd read about problems people have had between the various RGB controller software, so trying to keep it simple for now.

Also, the ASUS software mostly sucks.

Are both USB plugs securely plugged in?

I double-checked and they were. However, because I'm grasping at straws, I tried the esc/unplug/plug sequence again but while doing so, moved to two different USB ports.

Like the last time I did the that reset sequence, the keyboard lit up properly a few moments after re-plugging in the USB cables. But after a reboot, while the keyboard remained lit for a short while, it soon went dark.

I've done the reset sequence again, and the keyboard lit up again. And it's staying lit. But I'm thinking as soon as I reboot, it will go dark shortly after I'm logged in to Windows.

Giving it a try now.

And sure enough, after a reboot, the keyboard went dark again.

I did notice that, after a reboot, the keyboard seems to stay lit until I start typing on it. I wonder if it's possible that there's some setting I accidentally set in iCUE whereby the keyboard takes on a different lighting state after typing (or after hitting a specific key)?

I haven't purposely done that, but I do seem to recall the keyboard going dark at some point when I was playing around with iCUE settings (no idea which settings or when - just vaguely recall the problem starting while I was messing with stuff in iCUE).

Usually the instant lighting overlays every other lighting so I can't imagine that a press of a button triggers a weird lighting profile.

But you could go to appdata/Corsair and save your profiles folder, then uninstall iCUE, delete that Corsair folder and download iCUE again. You could also try an older version, 3.5.111 for example but then unfortunately your profiles won't work any more

• Confused 1

Usually the instant lighting overlays every other lighting so I can't imagine that a press of a button triggers a weird lighting profile.

But you could go to appdata/Corsair and save your profiles folder, then uninstall iCUE, delete that Corsair folder and download iCUE again. You could also try an older version, 3.5.111 for example but then unfortunately your profiles won't work any more

I will give that a try.

I have nothing much stored in the profiles. I can easily recreate the fan setup across the case and extra commander pro. So I have no problem losing the profiles if it comes to trying an older version.

Thanks.

I was away for most of the weekend, so didn't get a chance to try uninstalling, and reinstalling iCUE. Just got a chance to do that, and that seems to have solved the problem w/the keyboard not lighting up.

Wanted to post that resolution in case anybody else runs into a similar problem.

Thanks again to all who chimed in w/helpful suggestions.

• 9 months later...
Forcing a firmware update flashed the LEDs briefly, but then the keyboard returned to darkness.

Tried the Escape/unplug/re-plug thing and that seems to have worked. Although now I've got an apparent error indicator on the keyboard box in iCUE. Will investigate what that might mean next.

Did the firmware update and it did nothing. Tried uninstalling device in device manager with driver reinstall, did nothing. Tried reinstalling both LINK and ICUE along with clearing onboard profile, nothing. Tried the escape/unplug trick and it took about 30 seconds to start working again. No reboot required! Thanks for this weird quick fix!

• 6 months later...
For anyone having this problem, the following fixed it for me.

iCue > Settings > Device Settings > Brightness

If the brightness is all the way down, your keyboard obviously wont light up.

Thanks so much for this! I had the exact same prob as TS. I literally saw my keyboard lights go out for no reason while watching some YT video.

No idea what made the brightness go to 0, but setting it back to max fixed the issue right away :biggrin:

• 2 months later...

I have no idea how my brightness changed but this fixed my issue! Before trying anything, check this first! I went through days of trying to figure out what happened.

I had this exact same problem. Lucky for me, I read through the entire thread before trying any of the advice, because for me, it was the keyboard settings had been set to a brightness of 0%.

Now I know for a fact I did not change this. HOWEVER, I do know that about 2 days ago I did an update within iCue for both my k95 and dark core SE mouse.

Going out on a limb, but it would seem that the update does set the brightness to 0%, and we'll have plenty more people coming to find a solution.

Settings -> Device Settings -> k95 -> Brightness 100%

Worked for me.

Thanks all.

• 5 months later...

THANK YOU!!!! No idea why brightness was suddenly set to 0% but this was the fix for me. I was already thinking of sending it back to corsair bc I tried everything else.