Corsair Community

K95 RGB, No backlight on boot.

Metallikahn

Hey all!

Just been going through the process of upgrading my PC and I'm trying to iron out all the little annoyances/glitches/what not I've been mostly ignoring the last couple years. One of those is the lack of backlighting on my K95 RGB keyboard. Makes it a pain to login to windows and/or do anything in the bios when it's dark. I seem to remember having it turn on with a default color (red or white or something) before, but somewhere through out various firmware updates it stopped working. I've looked just about everywhere in iCue for hardware lighting settings for the keyboard but, nothing.

FWIW It is the older 18 G-Key K95 (with the old Corsair crab-like logo). I've got a same generation M65 mouse and that lights up at boot no problem. Any ideas on how to fix it?

So... No one has any suggestions? There seems to be no way to set a hardware lighting profile for this keyboard (or my m65 mouse, for that matter, though it at least lights up with something) and it makes logging into windows difficult at night. I've been searching all over for a fix, but most results our for the newer Platinum or XT which have iCUE settings mine doesn't.

Would really appreciate any help I can get.