Corsair Community

Fitting short 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

ckigar

I picked up a Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift Special Edition ATX today and am midbuild. (My profile has all details on the parts)

My hard drive, a Seagate BarraCuda 2TB 7200RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive isn't as tall as the slots and does not seem to either snap into place with the retaining clip nor be supported on the opposite side of the clip.

Is an adaptor of some sort required? I have a 3d printer, but I would appreciate any tip or advice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
I picked up a Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift Special Edition ATX today and am midbuild. (My profile has all details on the parts)

My hard drive, a Seagate BarraCuda 2TB 7200RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive isn't as tall as the slots and does not seem to either snap into place with the retaining clip nor be supported on the opposite side of the clip.

Is an adaptor of some sort required? I have a 3d printer, but I would appreciate any tip or advice.

Is it just not as 'thick' as a normal hard drive? I've had that issue before where I just had hold an HDD up with one hand and toss a screw in to hold it a bit higher before I was able to screw in the others.

maxresdefault.jpg

Saw this image online and just wanted to ask you if this are thicker than your HDD?