Corsair Community

Fans were working fine now theyre not help!!

agentzeus-

So , I have 6 rgb 140 fans they were working fine but now one wont turn on but if i switch the cables that fan works , so maybe one of trhe entry ports from my rgb led fan hub is messed up ? also the 2 radiator fans for my aio work fine with effects but the other 4 only work at times sometimes theyll just stay solid for a few seconds than go back to the effect ..?

No, it's more likely that the fan before it on the hub is narfed. Try switching the fan that doesn't light with the one right before it on the fan hub. For example, if it is in port 6, swap it with the fan in port 5.

The fans operate in series. One fan passes data to the next. It is entirely possible (and we've see it) that a fan can light up fine but not pass data to the next in line.

You need to be very methodical about switching the fans around and keeping track of what's where.

So ... if #6 is currently out and both #5 and #4 are on, then we know that #4 is good.

So swap #4 with #5. What happens?

- If both 5 & 6 are out, then the current fan #4 is bad

- If only #6 is out, then we know that the current fan #4 is good. Swap the current fan #4 with fan #6. If #6 is still out, then we know it's the fan hub. If 4, 5, and/or 6 are out, then it's fan #6.