Corsair Community

Is 750w enough?

Braidster

First time poster, long time lurker here and just doing a new build, but my PSU selection has been backordered awhile and thinking about my options. I have a white rmx850 ordered but I'm thinking about going with the 750w version as I can get it now. I do plan to overclock and here are specs...

3900x

Asus CH Hero 8

Gigabyte 2080 ti

64gb Gskill Royal

2x m.2

Aio w/10 fans total.

Hey thanks so much for the reply! Yeah why I asked Partpicker gives me an estimate of 588w used which of course would be preoverclocking. I also am going to be using three more fans which I forgot to add (so 13 total), and a couple light strips. The other problem is I'd actually pay more for the 750w version then the 850w due to higher shipping costs.

Hey thanks so much for the reply! Yeah why I asked Partpicker gives me an estimate of 588w used which of course would be preoverclocking. I also am going to be using three more fans which I forgot to add (so 13 total), and a couple light strips. The other problem is I'd actually pay more for the 750w version then the 850w due to higher shipping costs.

That's a lot of fans, but believe me it's worth it. Keeps the PC cool. Just be prepared to have a lot of wires! :biggrin:

Are you also doing a Push/Pull configuration on your Liquid Cooler?

If time is not an issue, then wait for the 850W.

That's a lot of fans, but believe me it's worth it. Keeps the PC cool. Just be prepared to have a lot of wires! :biggrin:

Are you also doing a Push/Pull configuration on your Liquid Cooler?

If time is not an issue, then wait for the 850W.

Yeah I'm building this all into an O11 XL so I'm going to have plenty room. The plan is to maybe full water cool later in the year.

I'm going to be running the AIO normal with 3 fans, but going to use the stock NZXT fans that come with the X73 in a push/pull on the side/back location.

Time isn't an issue per say but as I've been driving myself nuts planning this for months, and most of the parts already on the way I'm getting a little ancy. I'll probably wait it out another week when things start to show up, and then make a decision based on that. It's a White case with white QL fans so going with the Black version is another option, and would look good with the build.

Yeah I'm building this all into an O11 XL so I'm going to have plenty room. The plan is to maybe full water cool later in the year.

I'm going to be running the AIO normal with 3 fans, but going to use the stock NZXT fans that come with the X73 in a push/pull on the side/back location.

Time isn't an issue per say but as I've been driving myself nuts planning this for months, and most of the parts already on the way I'm getting a little ancy. I'll probably wait it out another week when things start to show up, and then make a decision based on that. It's a White case with white QL fans so going with the Black version is another option, and would look good with the build.

Full water cooling loop would be amazing! You've got a good build going, remember patience is a virtue, always worth waiting! :D: