Corsair Community

Corsair Commander Pro 4-pin max current

unilythe

Hi!

I want to buy the Commander Pro, but in the new system I am planning I will have a 4 groups of 3 fans, totaling 12 fans. I was hoping I could use a 3-to-1 splitter, using only 4 ports on the Commander Pro, but I want to be sure that the Commander Pro will be able to handle the current of 3 fans.

The fans I am planning to use are:

6x Corsair HD120 (2 groups of 3)

6x Corsair ML120 (2 groups of 3)

Would I be able to plug those into the Commander Pro or will that break it?

Is this even the place to ask? If not, I'll email Corsair directly.

Thanks in advance

Hi!

I want to buy the Commander Pro, but in the new system I am planning I will have a 4 groups of 3 fans, totaling 12 fans. I was hoping I could use a 3-to-1 splitter, using only 4 ports on the Commander Pro, but I want to be sure that the Commander Pro will be able to handle the current of 3 fans.

The fans I am planning to use are:

6x Corsair HD120 (2 groups of 3)

6x Corsair ML120 (2 groups of 3)

Would I be able to plug those into the Commander Pro or will that break it?

Is this even the place to ask? If not, I'll email Corsair directly.

Thanks in advance

Commander Pro (CLCP) spec is 1 Amp per fan port, 4.5 Amps total. ML120 spec says each fan can draw 0.299 amps - call it 0.3 amps, so you could connect up to 3 of them to 1 CLCP port. The HD120 does not list current draw (that I could find) so not sure about those but I would think they are about the same.

So yes, I think you could connect them all to the CLCP with 3 fans on each of the 4 ports. You would be maxed out in this arrangement but it should work. You may want to verify this with Corsair just to be sure.

Hope this helps.

Commander Pro (CLCP) spec is 1 Amp per fan port, 4.5 Amps total. ML120 spec says each fan can draw 0.299 amps - call it 0.3 amps, so you could connect up to 3 of them to 1 CLCP port. The HD120 does not list current draw (that I could find) so not sure about those but I would think they are about the same.

So yes, I think you could connect them all to the CLCP with 3 fans on each of the 4 ports. You would be maxed out in this arrangement but it should work. You may want to verify this with Corsair just to be sure.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, this definitely helps. I couldn't find the information you have, but it seems I simply didn't look hard enough. I've since decided to go with only 9 fans (3 groups of 3 fans), so it should definitely be good enough.

Thanks, this definitely helps. I couldn't find the information you have, but it seems I simply didn't look hard enough. I've since decided to go with only 9 fans (3 groups of 3 fans), so it should definitely be good enough.

Well they don't always make it easy to find. I could not find a current spec for the HD120-RGB fans. The CLCP current capacity is clearly listed in the Owner's Manual.

attachment.php?attachmentid=30118&stc=1&d=1499270932

The ML120 PRO current spec is listed on their web page but nowhere else I could find.

attachment.php?attachmentid=30120&stc=1&d=1499271043

Sloppy specs are unfortunately all to common from manufacturers that are re-branding Chinese products...

549345000_070517CLCPSpecs.png.a6956b7058b8cd79d291afd4a5c80468.png

477043968_070517ML120ProWebsiteCapture.thumb.png.aa04ceee7eeb012427fdf4d96885ea82.png

Archived