Corsair Community

how to diable the mouse profile switching buttons

disgruntaled

so i got the new nightsword RGB.

didn't need all the useless colors, but the feel of it was good cause i have pretty large hands.

but

the most annoying thing about the mouse is that the two buttons behind the mouse wheel keep toggling on every once n a while when using the mouse wheel.

when gaming, it probably happens once every 20 mins or so.

this then makes the mouse erratic in how fast it responds to stuff, as well as a bunch of the buttons dont work like they are suppose to.

i have loaded the CUE software , but it sill does not allow me to toggle the keys or program they keys to do nothing.

it is annoying AF.

if i cant get some sort of feedback my next course is to get a knife and pry them off. and if that does ntowork, trash the mouse, and get something that has a better design.

PS the "sniper" button seems to be slaved to a key that cant be remapped in a few of my games as well...

If you click on the mouse in iCUE, then go the Actions Tab, you can disable the profile up/down buttons. Click + to create a new action. Go to where it says Macro and change it in the drop down to "Disable". Click on Profile Up. Go to the little "pages" icon 2 above the trash can and you can copy that same action, then reapply it to profile down (or repeat the creation steps). That said, I am a little concerned the profile up/down are triggering on middle mouse press. I have been using one for the last few months and this is definitely not a thing. Could suggest a physical issue with the mouse.

The sniper button is not a native OS recognized input key, so you have to substitute map it to a standard key. If you want it to "crouch", you need to map it to the assigned letter, symbol, number key from in the game (Crouch=C). It can't be directly mapped. If you don't map anything to it, the sniper key should trigger a drastic DPI drop. Did you already remap it to something? I am not sure I understand the description above.

Edited by c-attack