Corsair Community

Void RGB (wired USB) headset causing MULTIPLE BOSD

Akatashi

Okay, I am going to keep the anger level down as much as possible, but I purchased a headset on Sunday (3/6/16) and brought it home, installed the driver (had no issues), then i was prompted with a firmware update about 20 minutes later when i installed CUE and i ran into ALL sorts of issues....

The first problem arose from my audio mixer program VoiceMeeter, i had the buffering set to low for the headset and i was hearing a buzzing noise. Fixed that no problem, a few moments later (this was in a span of 10-15 minutes) i was plauged with IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_EQUAL and Device Driver Management, and various other driver related BSOD's. I uninstalled the drivers and CUE, unplugged the headset and no more problems. As soon as i plugged it back in it windows downloaded the drivers automatically, i kept CUE uninstalled, and STILL experienced blue screens. (during the course of writing this my computer locked up 100% and gave no blue screen).

Even now that i have uninstalled everything and disconnected the headset, it is causing major issues. I need to know if there is a way to fix this. I love the headset and would prefer to keep it, but this is just absolutely ridiculous, and if i can't get this fixed and have to roll back to a previous date to fix it, I will definitely be dumping all corsair products as I do NOT want to deal with this again.

My most recent mini dump

http://www.filedropper.com/030716-12906-01

Don't know how else to upload, if there is a more preferred method let me know...

With Voicemeeter we recommend to keep default settings and avoid to use buffer below 128 samples (256 sample is already very low for most of USB headset device). Especially with WDM device interface, keep the "WDM Input Exclusive Mode" to NO.

if you get BSOD, it usually means you have a problem on driver level. this BSOD should show you the involved module (usually a DLL or SYS file). if not shown in the BSOD, it will be written in minidump file (located in Windows\minidump). Once you have the name of the module involved in the BSOD, you can update the related driver.

Archived