Corsair Community

Void RGB Wireless Issue with skype

chris285

I have a problem where when the cue software for the heatset is installed, i hear no sound in skype but windows sounds work fine. Firmware is 38.1 and i downloaded the latest cue software as this is a fairly fresh windows 10 install

When I first purchased the headset I had this problem and I had to uninstall the cue software and it worked as I have done now, has anyone else had this reoccurance?

maybe you want to check the Skype or sound notification setting to see if void is selected as your default communication device. I myself am using Skype with void wireless everyday. no issue here. (latest firmware and CUE btw)

Reinstalled the software and not working still, same behaviour where if i hit the test sound button in skype and then go to advanced options i hear it brieflly.

To add to this i cannot hear the test tone in windows control panel either but games etc have been fine

When you attempt to play the test tones, Windows will prompt you that it has failed to play it? If so,Can you open device manager and expand Audio inputs and output devices as well as the sound, video and game controller and attach a screenshot here?

Alt+Printscreen with the Device Manager window focused. This will only take a screenshot of the Device Manger window and not the whole screen.

Windows does not return an error during the audio test it plays correctly, the same is true of when starting up skype i hear the starting noise it is just the skype test which fails as well as not being able to hear on a call

http://s23.postimg.org/457uymynv/device_manager.png

Which type of Skype are you using Desktop or Modern UI and what is the version is it?

Make sure the headset is on the top of the list for both audio devices.

Options>Audio settings>Show advanced options (Desktop application, may not apply to the Modern UI app)

When you are in a call e.g. Echo. Click the signal bars at the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Is the speakers and microphone set as the device? (Desktop application, may not apply to the Modern UI app)

I believe I am using the desktop version, which is 7.18.0.112

I have removed all other devices in the advanced list in skype, and it is selected one for microphone and speakers

I have checked in a test call and confirmed that the correct device is set for microphone and speakers

Below are some screenshots of the areas requested, as soon as I uninstall the cue software it works and teamspeak is also affected. Please note these settings are unchange between the cue software being installed and not

http://s30.postimg.org/nbxaaqrjl/sound_settings.png

http://s8.postimg.org/a95gv37sl/microphone_settings.png

http://s9.postimg.org/cbsn354m7/skype_settings.png

I have this same issue with skype, with netflix and my games. If I turn it off and leave netflix and my game running, the device will never turn on and gives me a malfunction state. I have to turn everything off and reset the usb to make it work again. This really sucks, it worked fine before the update. Didn't have any issues till I updated.

@Corsair Chris, it is a fairly recent install of windows 10 as I finally got round to moving from my previous ~2yr old install which was a win7 upgraded to 10. I had this issue on that instance but then I think a recent or the most recent version of cue resolved my issue, now on a fresh OS install I seem to be having the exact same issues again with skype/teamspeak/gotomeeting which i beleive was identified as they use the same/similar protocols

Now with the software removed some games don't give me sound as I assume it is not picking up the headset correctly

Archived