Corsair Community

Corsair Lighting Node Pro Issue - No RGB

KayneL

Hi all,

I recently purchased 3x Corsair LL120 RGB fans with the lighting node pro.

Upon installation I have found that I am able to control the fans via PWM (in bios and with installed software) but the LEDs for each fan do not turn on from boot.

I find that if I unplug the USB 2.0 connector then reboot the LEDs will come on, but on the default rainbow effect. Obviously because the USB connector is disconnected ICUE does not pick up the fan LEDs.

I have tried everything I can think of to rectify this issue, I have disabled/enabled fast boot in control panel/power options & bios, as well as enable XHCI Handoff.

I'm at a loss as to why they aren't working, tried setting these up on my secondary PC and the LEDs work fine while the USB 2.0 is plugged in.

Any suggestions on how to rectify this would be greatly appreciated. Mobo is a Maximus Hero VIII.

Edit - Thought I may have an issue with my onboard USB 2.0 sockets but tried plugging in my normal USB 2.0 headers to each and found USB functionality to be perfect with each.

USBDeView didn't show anything being detected - odd.

However I've swapped out the cable, rather than it being USB mini -> USB 2.0 motherboard header it is now USB mini -> USB 2.0 standard. This has fixed the problem.

Lighting node pro is now showing up in iCUE without issue. I've read on other posts about stories that were similar to this, that is where I got the idea of swapping the cable out.

I wonder if it has something to do with Mobo compatibility? Tried these fans/node pro on an older mobo yesterday (via the USB mini -> USB 2.0 header cable) and had no problems.

Regardless problem is solved now so no worries. Thanks for your input!

More likely a problem with the internal ASMedia USB 2.0 hub/driver. I run 2 x Commander Pro's and use an active internal USB hub to drive them. Others (including myself in the past) have had success using a NZXT internal hub. Older ASMedia motherboard USB ports are a known problem and it appears that ASMedia never bothered to fix the driver.